• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Im a newb and i have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
I absolutly LOVE SRB2!!!

...Questions:

1) Anyone have the direct download link to 'WadAuthor'? I cant find it anywhere. (and dont respond with 'Google' or any other search engine)

2) How the heck are you supost to get 7 chaos emralds within 6 acts?

3) Is beating Ultimate difficulty even posable? :P

EDIT: Um... oopsies, wrong section. plz move to general chat...

NEW:

4) What exatly is 'NIGHTS'? (#2 on the unlock list)

1) Google. *shot* I know you saw that coming, but that's where you should look. Try "Williston Consulting". =P

2) There is one token in GFZ1, two in GFZ2, two in THZ1, two in THZ2, two in CEZ1 and I believe two (one?) in CEZ2. That makes 11 tokens. 7 < 11, IIRC.

3) Yes, albeit difficult. I often do it for fun.

4) Ever heard of NiGHTS into Dreams...? If so, you know what to expect. Just be sure to beef up your CPU.

Oh, and seeing as it's your first post, welcome to the boards!

1) ....anyone else...?

2) oh. i thought there was only one emmy sphere each act. screeny hints plz? :P

3) FUN!? X.X

4) Never heard of it.

does the ultimate difficulty work now?

I've got wadauthor, but its not free...

try doom builder, unless you dont mind unzipping wadauthor every 2 weeks, anyway, i can email it.

NiGHTS Into Dreams was a Sega Saturn game made by the two original creators of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Neo Chaotikal said:
1) Google. *shot* I know you saw that coming, but that's where you should look. Try "Williston Consulting". =P

2) There is one token in GFZ1, two in GFZ2, two in THZ1, two in THZ2, two in CEZ1 and I believe two (one?) in CEZ2. That makes 11 tokens. 7 < 11, IIRC.

3) Yes, albeit difficult. I often do it for fun.

4) Ever heard of NiGHTS into Dreams...? If so, you know what to expect. Just be sure to beef up your CPU.

Oh, and seeing as it's your first post, welcome to the boards!

You could look in the level editing section of srb2.org instead and look for the link getting started.

edit: unzipping wadauthor every 2 weeks?
are you sure that will work?

You should probably try Doom Builder instead. It has less bugs than Wad Author as far as I know, and a few things are made easier, such as bitsets (to make stuff float in the air).

ree-c said:
I've got wadauthor, but its not free...

try doom builder, unless you dont mind unzipping wadauthor every 2 weeks, anyway, i can email it.

Unzip WadAuthor, make wauthor.wcl Read-Only and start wadding. WCL is the clock file, and if WadAuthor can't write it, it doesn't know whether the period has ended or not. Just be sure to make it Read-Only before you run WadAuthor. In case you screw up, just re-unzip the WCL file and make it Read-Only before starting WadAuthor again.

Wow, a cool noob!

Anyway, it's possible to get 8 emeralds. You just need to edit the save file.

And you've beaten nights when you see the level complete screen

JetKrazy said:
Wow, a cool noob!

1) ...does that phraise even make any sence?

2) how?

3) I beat sonic into dreams. I beat everything on the unlock list except for the 'beat the game in 6 1/2 mins or less' thing.... still working on that (must not get hurt, must be sonic, must not go into a dead end, must beat any act in 50 seconds or less)

ZTaimat said:
JetKrazy said:
Wow, a cool noob!

1) ...does that phraise even make any sence?

2) how?

3) I beat sonic into dreams. I beat everything on the unlock list except for the 'beat the game in 6 1/2 mins or less' thing.... still working on that (must not get hurt, must be sonic, must not go into a dead end, must beat any act in 50 seconds or less)

1. Well, most noobs ask stuff like 'how do you jump?' and stuff. And are flamed for such. You, my friend, have not been flamed yet.

2. As I said, edit the save file (I tihnk VIA SOC)

3. I like the nights level. It's fun

the nights level reminds me of a old japanese snes/arcade game called 'COTTON 100%' where you play as some witch girl and use magic to blast enimies.... only nights is better because its 3d and you're SS :P

cotton 100% looks cool, but it doesn't look nights style. Nights is collecting while cotton is, like, killing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back