Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD Remake confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
As some may or may of not known the game, Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is a 2D-platformer title which had come out on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive in 1990. It was also a game which came out around the same time (I think it's around then) Quackshot Starring Donald Duck had been released.

This summer it will be getting a full on HD remake with gorgeous visuals and a 2.5D look. It's a downloadable title for XBox Live, PSN, and Steam.

As this is one of the games I played the living crap out of in my younger years, I can honestly say I'm very hyped for this.

trailer and images: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-hd-confirmed-for-summer-trailer-and-screens/

Last edited:
After seeing this, all I can think is, why?

It looks like they did nothing more than take a lackluster game and made it pretty. What makes it worth playing?

After seeing this, all I can think is, why?
This is my response to your opinion that Castle of Illusion was lackluster. I played the shit out of this as a kid, and any ideas of licensed games being almost universally terrible were far from my mind with my hands on it.

Sufficed to say, I'm looking forward to this.

It looks like they did nothing more than take a lackluster game and made it pretty. What makes it worth playing?
This game wasn't lackluster by any means. In fact, it's generally remembered as one of the better platformers on the console. This was during a mystical time when licenses were treated with some respect and not just a quick cash-in. The game itself had good music, level design and control. If you haven't played it, try giving it a shot. I must warn you, though, some of us may be blinded with nostalgia goggles. :P

The game itself had good music, level design and control. If you haven't played it, try giving it a shot. I must warn you, though, some of us may be blinded with nostalgia goggles. :P

...and, it's a little "the kind of Megadrive game that you just can't finish as a child because it's too hard and that you complete ten years later in your life with high nostalgia degree". Maybe easier than reaching Altered Beast's stage 3 without cheat codes, completing Chemical Plant Zone Act 2's raising toxic water, or even Sonic Spinball's first stage, but you still musn't forget to turn your legs into butts to bounce and kill the enemies. Now that I think of it, Mickey's butts could make him bounce very high =w=

Through I'd prefered they make a remake of Quackshot, a Donald Duck and probably the counterpart of COIllusion, since there was a game gathering both into one.

I'm looking forward to this, too, I wonder how will they remake this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back