SRB2's picking up news coverage... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we just need an official "this youtuber played SRB2" thread

Pretty cool seeing ProJared cover us, I've always liked his stuff.

Last edited:
Never heard of him but it's good to see more people discovered the game .
EDIT : Another one talking about how shitty the default Mouse sensitivity speed is, Cool .

The lack of such a relevant topic is why i posted it here :p guess I can retroactively rename the topic "Unexpected news coverage thread" if ya want.

Yeah, ProJared's SRB2 video was mentioned a few times in #srb2fun a few days ago, so it's not news to me and others there at least. Still, it's cool to see SRB2 being noticed. =)

Can't understand why he's also calling it "Sonic DooM", that said, but oh well.

Last edited:
projared_logo4.gif

Bless him.

because it's a sonic doom mod still even if it plays nothing like doom anymore.

I did comment on his video that SRB2 and Sonic Doom are 2 different things though.

Last edited:
If I might add as well, BalenaProductions and his group of friends recently streamed SRB2 as well over on their other channel at PixelBrains and it was such a funny stream to watch. They did say they have been following SRB2 since it's infancy, but that night they just decided to go back and play it with a couple mods added including Mystic Realm and Silver the Hedgehog. This is really cool that SRB2 is getting all this attention now! I wonder what caused the spark in interest...

Anyway, if any of you are curious about the stream, you can check it out here. Just warning you there are a lot of Mike Pollock jokes ahead lol.

Last edited:
It even gotten attention earlier this year from joel when he played it on his Shitty Doom Wads stream, even though he's not into Sonic much, he said he find the game to be okay.

Last edited:
It even gotten attention earlier this year from joel when he played it on his Shitty Doom Wads stream, even though he's not into Sonic much, he said he find the game to be okay.

It's weird how half of the wads in the "shitty" doom wad pack are actually good. It's like the person who send it too him just called the them "shitty" for being stupid.

That comparison is the first thing a Doom player might come out with if he never played SRB2, Partly because of FOG-Like lighting system That is still used in SRB2 and the Graphics (+ The FPS being capped to 35 makes it feel even more Doom-ish) .

The default WASD controls strike again, providing a shitty, jittery, YouTube video.

The default WASD controls strike again, providing a shitty, jittery, YouTube video.
Shut the fuck up about your terrible goddamn opinion. I see someone who had problem whatsoever with the mouse controls, and in fact opted to use them over the keyboard-only controls (which we still have available, mind!), whose only problem was dealing with the game's naturally slippery physics (which he realized switching characters helped him deal with). I realize you prefer keyboard-only, but seeing this same shit from you every time you see someone else playing the game is grating.

Not to pull you off your high horse, but I think what AJ is implying is that WASD+mouse makes it hard to WATCH, not hard to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back