Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about entering something into this contest, (Since it's the last one supporting 1.09 maps.) but I doubt it would be the level that I'm currently halfway done with. From what I have designed on paper, Act 1 will be a tad shorter than I'd like, and won't be very difficult. Hopefully, I'll have Water Palace Act 2 done in time for the contest.
A few Screens of Act 1 for anyone who cares: [spoiler:9154a48e80]Only showing the parts that have any scenery at all, however, as the parts around the moving platforms and other FOFs look barren/unfinished, currently. :P I'll worry about making the stage prettier later.
srb20012-11.png

srb20014-7.png

srb20015-5.png

srb20011-5.png

srb20009-4.png

[/spoiler:9154a48e80]
Blade said:
That made me drool, :O I'm surprised SA Textures fit that well in SRB2's palette.
Ice said:
I'll try to enter into every division. Wish me luck!
Every devision? Wow, I look forward to seeing if you manage to pull that off. :P

:SonicMaster: said:
You should. Green Hill Zone was very well done.

I wonder if I should make another NiGHTS level for the Circuit division, or if you guys still need a break from them, lol.
After a Year of NiGHTS stages, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm going to make up for my previous loss with my latest level.
It's an epic Circuit stage that's meant to be played in the 'Full-Race' mode.
You'll know why, if you play it.

While DMZ3 may be halted, I've started progress on a new level titled Darkvile Castle Zone. It focuses on multiple paths and using buttons to alter the course, similar to Nuclear Sunset Zone. It's going well.

You do realize that NSZ2's button hunt kinda sucked, right? If you're not changing the execution, you're just going to be running into the same damn problems.

Pfft, No.
It's theme is a city with a volcano erupting in the middle.
You'd be best using GL mode to play it.
And for some strange reason, SRB2CB breaks the lighting effects I put in at some points.

Ok, a slight change of plan for my SP stage. I actually got it finished, and sent it to FuriousFox. It is Frost Mountain Act 2, the next act from the 1st act I submitted into a contest a while back.

A while ago, I downloaded Kid Icarus for the Virtual Console. I wonder if I should make a vertical, cylindrical race level. I might be able to stop Tails from cheating by using the Character-specific linedef triggers, as No Tails doesn't work in multiplayer.

Plus, Star Posts CAN be placed on FOFs. =D

I don't see why we should still cancel it. We can just have a May-June 09 contest in 1.09.4, and that wouldn't affect SRB2ME at all.

Glaber Base 5 has been pushed back as Glaber Syndrome has been invoked. While the down side is an unoriginal level the upside is that the original level now has 2 more extra months of development.

glaber said:
While the down side is an unoriginal level the upside is that the original level now has 2 more extra months of development.

If you have to call it a downside, why not trash the unoriginal level to put in even more effort on the original level? I don't think I want to play anymore "remakes" that you have in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back