Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I add Eggn.md2, the game crashes, help?

Attachments

• Picture.png
    Picture.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 683
Yeah, that model doesn't work for SRB2CB. I'm thinking it has a slightly lower poly limit than vanilla SRB2. I'm goin to redo it soon here.

Also the 10 ring monitor keeps on flashing to the default SRB2 10 ring monitor box and the bush with the berries has a picture for the md2 but doesn’t have a md2 itself.

Just letting you guys see some of my progress.
SonicCyclone.png

cBLAZE.png

cESPIO.png

cJET.png

cMANIC.png

cMK.png

cROUGE.png

CSONIC.png

CTAILS.png

cWAVE.png

mAMY.png

mBLAZE.png

mSONIC.png

mTAILS.png

MTP-01wTails.png

ROSYC.png
Completely new Classic Sonic Tails and Rosy. Modern Sonic may look... Unchanged, but I've completely redone all of his as well as Modern Tails', animations, so they don't, in a word, suck.
The side of some models (see Manic) may look a bit... bad, but this is because I got lazy due to SRB2 completely auto-shading the left and rights of models when rendered, So it doesn't really matter.
All CLASSIC models shown have been thrown into a kart for use with Super SRB2Kart Z. Animations completed; Sonic (Modern and Classic) Tails (Modern and Classic) Blaze (Classic) Metal Knuckles. Everyone else (Classic) as well as every other classic character ever shown (Shadow Silver Knuckles etc.) ARE however Complete in Kart Form.
*Notes* Model sizes are not shown to any common scale. Meaning you can't compare their sizes based on the pictures. I just got as much of the model to fit in the window as I could, and took a screenie. "Classic" in my use of the term, refers to models being designed in the style of Generations' "Classic Sonic" or Pre-Adventure 1.
Look for some releases soonish!

Last edited:
Hey, can you make a Luigi MD2? I have a Luigi wad, and a Mario MD2, but that doesn't exactly work for me, for obvious reasons.

Great work on the ones you did, though. I found ways to make use of many of your models, Classic and Modern. Now if only I could get certain stages to work on CB...

Awesome! I think I'll make homemade Sonic Adventure levels! The Dreamcast characters would fit that!

Last edited:
Jeck, all your MD2 are great and work perfectly for me, but when I enter the SRB2CB using the MD2 of EGG Slime I get the following error:

Floatingpointexception.PNG

I tested the MD2 Egg Mobile in place of Slime Egg, and it worked perfectly.

Grande Update April 20th
Vanilla: Well, these models are my best work so far. Starting completely over with both modern and classic Sonic and Tails, I finally got nice products with them all. Almost every model of a main character (so, up to silver) has had an update of some kind, there's so much improvement and new content here that it's hard to list them all. But the pictures should tell the story for me.

WIP Models
CLASSIC
-Espio
-Manic
-Rouge
-Jet
-Wave
-Rosy

MODERN
-Blaze
-Amy
-Metal Sonic
Like always, old stuff is still around. With the exception of the old Classic and modern Sonic and Tails.

Kart: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!- Use "GR_MD2 2", yes "2" when using kart models, the only way to animate nicely is to use this rendering mode. Like before, all classic characters have the basic Pipe Frame kart to drive in. There is also the DS Standard Kart for some characters, a Bike, and some characters have their own unique kart to drive.
Characters:
CLASSIC
-Sonic*^#
-Tails*
-Knuckles
-Rosy
-Cream
-Silver
-Shadow*
-Blaze^
-Jet^
-Wave
-Rouge
-Espio
-Metal Sonic*
-Metal Knuckles
-Flare

MODERN
-Sonic#
-Silver
-Amy
-Chao
-Dark Chao
-Hero Chao
-Omochao
-Mario
-Wario

*= Has Unique kart
^= Has Bike
#= Has both Mk Classic Pipe Frame and Mk7 Pipe Frame

The white on the Emblem on the DS kart will be invisible in-game, MM3D just doesn't render it so.

This is the plan for the future;
-All Classic characters will have Standard Pipeframe, Standard Bike, and DS Kart to drive in.
-All Modern Characters will get the new MK7 Pipeframe and the Mk7 Standard Kart to ride.

I wanted to get the new karts out into the public for testing before I wasted my time added them to every character and have there be something that needs changing. So please, quick feedback will allow any quick changes, quicker release of every character will every kart they are meant to have.

-Md2.dat for kart is in the kart models' folder.
Some items added, can't do shell because Red and Green shells share sprites and just color change. Added Drift effect Model for both Karts and Bikes.

Question

Do you take any requests?
Because i really want an SA2B Sonic MD2,
They got one on the models resource.
And if you end up doing that,
Can you make SA2B Tails too?

And also, All of your MD2s Rock!

Last edited:
Do you take any requests?
Because i really want an SA2B Sonic MD2,
They got one on the models resource.
And if you end up doing that,
Can you make SA2B Tails too?

And also, All of your MD2s Rock!

I remember when I made a SA2B Sonic MD2, but I think my laptop was wiped off, which made me lose it.

Question -- I don't see a ring model in any of those pictures, have you made one?

Disregard the post i said above MetalHead7's, I'm remaking my SA2B Sonic MD2 right now, I'm submitting it.

Where did you converted that Classic Metal Sonic model? (it's from generations right? if it is, how did you convert to .obj? i searched around the web .dae and .smd converters and nothing)

Last edited:
I believe the models reasource had it in .obj... If not then I used a program called Meshlab to open it and save as .obj. But actually, not a singal triangle is from the actual generations model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back