1.09.4 Save System vs. 2.0.2 Save System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
And no one is going to get past a certain Mystic Realm level on their first try. :p

While I was quite surprized at all of the new areas in that level, I easily cleared it in one playthrough, considering I had 30+ lives from all the other times I played. I only lost 6.

Chrome said:
Autosaver said:
And no one is going to get past a certain Mystic Realm level on their first try. :p

While I was quite surprized at all of the new areas in that level, I easily cleared it in one playthrough, considering I had 30+ lives from all the other times I played. I only lost 6.

Well, I never really played the mystic realm version of it anyways. And I was REALLY confused where I had to go >_<

Edit: End of Derail.. XD

Speaking of Mystic realm, if there was a 2.0 version, would the save system work with it?

it will be ok this new save IF my computer is do not lagging every time. now im in CEZ and it's so damn laggy and i can't take it anymore and turn srb2 off, and when i continue playing it ... i don't really want to play with lag so i guess i don't play srb2 until my computer got fixed many ways or got new computer with better runpower what takes really much time to collect needed money OR sonic team jr fix latest version's lag and make it for sucky computers and for good computers too.

Why SRB2 works laggy in my computer and sonic adventure DX almost perfectly even if SADX got better quality and more effects etc. But srb2 doesn't got almost any effects or almost any quality eather, srb2 is only 2D graphics with 3D stages. i don't get it.

MattW_CFI said:
To put it simply, you guys were spoiled by 1.09.4's old save system, which was a hangover from Doom.

Now we've changed it, and suddenly you guys whine like hell because it's DIFFERENT.

I bet none of this would happen if we'd had this save system from the start, hm?

fawfulfan said:
Well, no, because we wouldn't have known there was a better way of doing it.

Schrödinger's cat!

Anyways, I like the new save system ^^
Getting the emeralds was too easy, since you could save once you had gotten the emrald in th SS. Now I actually feel like I accomplish something when I get them.

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
I only lost two lives on my first try. Don't speak for other people.

1st try = 1st live. People could have 1 life and 0 continues.
Though, I have no idea who would fall into this situation...(And there are lots of lives too..)

But you played Mystic Realm? Right? The first time I played this, I had no idea what to do. Everything just looped me back. And my post was an exaggeration. Not really speaking for everyone.

I have a small rant for once. Spoilering it so it doesn't take half a page.
[spoiler:042e60a9b8]There are some of us who like to save after every jump we make, ring we collect, badnik we pop, and everything else in an attempt to clear the level PERFECTLY, as if we had OCD or something. We simply cannot live without a manual save.

Then there's those of us who just either blast through the level with no regard for personal safety, or walk around cautiously and run once everything's dead or we know where we're going, letting an autosave remove the quickly-getting-old method of opening the menu, saving the game, and then continuing.

I fall into the latter category. I like to be cautious so that I don't end up getting killed with a cheap death by that crusher I never saw coming because I was running too fast.

Doom-style saving, as the dev team and moderators keep saying, is essentially the same thing as having savestates in an emulator. When you first played the game on the original console, you didn't have these, and you liked it anyway Now if an emulator doesn't have a savestate function, people whine and moan and complain and rant for three days in every topic that even contains the word save.

What is wrong with you people? Stop wearing out your keyboard with broken record complaints about a tried, true, and (almost) perfectly working save system and either get on with your lives or play the damn game like a normal person. Saving is not there to make sure you end the level with a Perfect Bonus, it's to let you stop playing the game after an accomplishment.

Also, look at this from a developer's perspective. As a developer, you want an inexperienced player to not only appreciate, but actually NEED those twenty lives you gave them over the past three levels.

Besides, those of you who went through Ultimate (which had no rings, starts with one life, one extra per level, and NO SAVING don't really have room to be having a fit about a lack of at-will saving when there's plenty of rings and lives around.

The devs aren't the only ones tired of hearing the whining. Some of us normals who usually lurk are tired of it, too.[/spoiler:042e60a9b8]
This has been a public service announcement courtesy of a little blue fox with a death wish. Enjoy. ^^

[EDIT] Forgot something ^^

Drake Spyker said:
I have a small rant for once. Spoilering it so it doesn't take half a page.
[spoiler:32b60851ca]There are some of us who like to save after every jump we make, ring we collect, badnik we pop, and everything else in an attempt to clear the level PERFECTLY, as if we had OCD or something. We simply cannot live without a manual save.

Then there's those of us who just either blast through the level with no regard for personal safety, or walk around cautiously and run once everything's dead or we know where we're going, letting an autosave remove the quickly-getting-old method of opening the menu, saving the game, and then continuing.

I fall into the latter category. I like to be cautious so that I don't end up getting killed with a cheap death by that crusher I never saw coming because I was running too fast.

Doom-style saving, as the dev team and moderators keep saying, is essentially the same thing as having savestates in an emulator. When you first played the game on the original console, you didn't have these, and you liked it anyway Now if an emulator doesn't have a savestate function, people whine and moan and complain and rant for three days in every topic that even contains the word save.

What is wrong with you people? Stop wearing out your keyboard with broken record complaints about a tried, true, and (almost) perfectly working save system and either get on with your lives or play the damn game like a normal person. Saving is not there to make sure you end the level with a Perfect Bonus, it's to let you stop playing the game after an accomplishment.

Also, look at this from a developer's perspective. As a developer, you want an inexperienced player to not only appreciate, but actually NEED those twenty lives you gave them over the past three levels.

Besides, those of you who went through Ultimate (which had no rings, starts with one life, one extra per level, and NO SAVING don't really have room to be having a fit about a lack of at-will saving when there's plenty of rings and lives around.

The devs aren't the only ones tired of hearing the whining. Some of us normals who usually lurk are tired of it, too.[/spoiler:32b60851ca]
This has been a public service announcement courtesy of a little blue fox with a death wish. Enjoy. ^^

[EDIT] Forgot something ^^

Yes, except the ones who went through Ultimate aren't whining. They're the ones SUPPORTING this system. See?

(On a completely off-topic note, i'm still confused on why i can beat Ultimate but not ERZ easily.)

1.09.4 Save System vs. 2.0.2 Save System

2.0.2 wins for me.

It makes the game harder and gives continues a use. In the 1.09.4 I actually forgot what the game over/continue music sounded like.

The only complaint I have is there is no way to get more continues. (I agree with Blue's method,) [spoiler:88f9f37468] Even though I posted a close idea for 1.09.4 .[/spoiler:88f9f37468]

i'm still confused on why i can beat Ultimate but not ERZ easily.

Ultimate: You know what is coming and how to deal with it.
ERZ: New challenges you never see before are thrown at you at high difficulty.

It is obvious. It is very obvious.

I find it a little bit easier to run through ERZ every time I reload my save. The boss? Not so much. Three times I've faced him and I've only scored one hit on him that I lived to tell about. (Three minutes later I fell off the platforms)

The save system we have I love, it makes the game challenging and makes me hunt for lives.

It's inconvenient from time to time, sure, if I have to turn of my game for whatever when I'm in act 2 or something, but other then that it works fine.

The big turn-off for me is if you only have short amount of time to play. Or your in a hurry. And even the sigsevs.

Autosaver said:
The big turn-off for me is if you only have short amount of time to play. Or your in a hurry. And even the sigsevs.

Erm, how are you in a hurry? And the sigsevs have been fixed in 2.02, I think. The ERZ2 crashes... You DO have 2.02, riiiiiight?

I don't know about anyone else, but I think I'm warming up to the S3K style system. What happened was I played both Sonic Rush and S3K.

I honestly like the new save system better because if you were to be able to save every act and the difficulty is the same as it is in this version it honestly will be too easy which would in some cases be boring because you do not have to put much effort in figuring out what path is the best one to take in an act and how to collect everything easily or quickly, the main focus would be finishing the game act by act only going though it only once with any character you may chose. Some of the current Sonic games difficulty are easy partly due to going through the game act by act.

Ahahaha, I can't even believe the new save system is such a prevalent complaint. In fact that's the kind of thing I would have expected to have been complained about in the past, since the old system was so cheap.

Not only do I not mind the new save system, I welcome it. Now it's almost just like Sonic 3's save system (I don't see anybody complaining about that). Having a way to actually earn continues would be good though, since I used up mine on the final boss. If you have a problem with the new system (other than the fact that it doesn't save your Chaos Emeralds or used up tokens), then you're just going to have to get better at the game. Simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back