SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2010   #1
Hawkeye
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
Default Custom Character Save File< Possible?? :(

I've been straining my brain for a while on this.

Is there any way at all to make the damn game save with a custom character?...

Instead of giving you that annoying "WARNING! Game must be restarted to record statistics!"??

Thanks in advance~
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #2
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

No, it is not.
There is a protection from saves using wads for a reason. They can be used to cheat. There is no way around this restriction, and it is entirely intentional and is not going to change.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #3
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

No. Map Map# to the stage you want to go. You may have to turn devmode on first.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #4
Hawkeye
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
Default

Well now this is just stupid....Bleh, w/e....Thanks for the info. :/
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #5
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

So then, No more ability to make mods with 4 or more characters and unlockables then?

No way for say SRB2TP to have Placeholder Sonic (The Sonic X-treme Sonic used for a while) have his own set of emblems and a save in SRB2TP's dat file?

The question is not retorrecal(SP)

Last edited by glaber; 02-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #6
Galefox
Nomad of the sky
 
Galefox's Avatar
Default

We can already cheat by going into multiplayer and seeing all the levels. >:P

I just thought I'd point that out, since trying to keep people from cheating at a single player game is pointless. It doesn't really hurt any other players, unless NPCs suddenly have feelings... Now if it were an online game, that would be different since cheating has a drawback.

What I'd like to know is why I can't change my color in a single player game. >:C Is that intentional also?
__________________
I'm still waiting for a Sonic Adventure 3...
Galefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #7
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefox View Post
We can already cheat by going into multiplayer and seeing all the levels. >:P
But you don't get any unlockables from doing that, now do you?
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #8
Galefox
Nomad of the sky
 
Galefox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
But you don't get any unlockables from doing that, now do you?
Unlockables? I've never gotten any, didn't know they existed.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I think somewhere, somebody made a big fuss about people cheating and then they took out a cook feature for it.

Personally I've been cheating at games for years, and from my experience it's just another way to play the game.
__________________
I'm still waiting for a Sonic Adventure 3...
Galefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #9
Sky The Destroyer
 
Sky The Destroyer's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefox View Post
Unlockables? I've never gotten any, didn't know they existed.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I think somewhere, somebody made a big fuss about people cheating and then they took out a cook feature for it.

Personally I've been cheating at games for years, and from my experience it's just another way to play the game.
There are PLENTY of unlockables. Like Pandora's Box, and all that stuff.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #10
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefox View Post
Unlockables? I've never gotten any, didn't know they existed.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I think somewhere, somebody made a big fuss about people cheating and then they took out a cook feature for it.
Well, considering the unlockables include the SRB1 Remake and Pandora's Box (there are more, but these are easily the better ones), those are things you gotta EARN. They are UNLOCKABLES for a reason. Cheating isn't another way to play the game; it's the opposite. It's not playing it at all! SMS Unleashed being the perfect example in 1.09. Hell, that's the primary reason why custom characters are nerfed now. The cheating stuff went too far.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #11
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman
 
Senku Niola's Avatar
Default

Custom Character saves work just fine, it is slightly buggy though. I'm planning to mess with it for my characters in some later release of them. Though I'm hoping the character ID suggestion type stuff gets added so that the bug with the system gos away.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #12
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

Right now I'm just hoping it doesn't interfere for when I add the Old Characters to the release of SRB2TP. I plan on giveing them emblems that are found in the versions of the levels they came from. (EX: X-treme Sonic would have on on SRB2 Halloween or Springing Around)
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #13
falcon
Ryuujin K
 
falcon's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Well, considering the unlockables include the SRB1 Remake and Pandora's Box (there are more, but these are easily the better ones), those are things you gotta EARN. They are UNLOCKABLES for a reason. Cheating isn't another way to play the game; it's the opposite. It's not playing it at all! SMS Unleashed being the perfect example in 1.09. Hell, that's the primary reason why custom characters are nerfed now. The cheating stuff went too far.
Um, not everyone cheats. I mean let the NOOBS be NOOBS in there own little world, and let the SMART people play fair. Unless there are more noobs than we know of now..
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #14
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

Coding in fear of n00bs or against n00bs only makes the program worse the more you do it.

It's like trying to fight piracy except instead of pirates, it's n00bs.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can i save a game file when using a wad file? STEVENPUNCHOUT Help 6 09-07-2010 04:03 AM
How do i save on a file? STEVENPUNCHOUT Help 6 09-06-2010 02:57 AM
I can't save with my custom character O.o Blade The Armadillo Editing Help 4 05-15-2010 01:31 PM
I can't save my game when playing as a custom character wad! mamaluigi Help 4 12-09-2009 08:26 PM
Save File LightSpeed Sonic SRB2 Discussion 10 05-27-2006 10:20 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.