SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2! Details »»
Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!
Version: For any version, by VirtualBlitz546 (The infractions whore ;)) VirtualBlitz546 is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 2.10 average)
Released: 03-27-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Additional Software Models

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

Spoiler: Md2' recently posted

SADX Sonic and Tails:

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: rar Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar (1.79 MB, 3849 views)
File Type: zip Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip (5.22 MB, 916 views)
File Type: rar Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar (7.09 MB, 903 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-31-2014   #122
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

I LOVE THE SONIC COLORS MODEL! No, really, it's very realistic, like in the game. You are very good doing MD2s! keep up the good work!
And, as you said, anyone can ask for a specific model, isn't?
I WANT A MODEL OF EGGROBO RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. (?
Not now, but I want YOU making it. Really, you are very good making MD2s.
Old 05-31-2014   #123
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin1216 View Post
I LOVE THE SONIC COLORS MODEL! No, really, it's very realistic, like in the game. You are very good doing MD2s! keep up the good work!
And, as you said, anyone can ask for a specific model, isn't?
I WANT A MODEL OF EGGROBO RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. (?
Not now, but I want YOU making it. Really, you are very good making MD2s.
Hey, glad you liked my Md2's :), just by coinsidence I have a eggrobo model here. Sure I can make it for Srb2, but if you tell me for what object or character you want it, i'll happily do it.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #124
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
Hey, glad you liked my Md2's :), just by coinsidence I have a eggrobo model here. Sure I can make it for Srb2, but if you tell me for what object or character you want it, i'll happily do it.
You just share the model with me. Really, you will be impressed. Can it be for a character? :V

EDIT: More speccifically, this character.
Old 05-31-2014   #125
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
You just share the model with me. Really, you will be impressed. Can it be for a character? :V

EDIT: More speccifically, this character.
Is it a character you're making or is it a 2.1 char? (I don't check characters releases too much...)
Old 05-31-2014   #126
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Is it a character you're making or is it a 2.1 char? (I don't check characters releases too much...)
THAT happens to be a protoype of Blonic's Eggrobo.wad that managed to get leaked to one of my "fans". But a Model for him would be very appreciated.
Old 05-31-2014   #127
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Neither one, neither another. It's not mine, as Duon already played with him, am I wrong? And... Do you think it's released in his actual state? :V
Anyway, I'll be waiting for the model here :3

Moderator Notice:
Unrelated crap deleted

(Agustin1216 received an infraction for this post: Keep your posts related to the topic.)

Last edited by Mystic; 05-31-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #128
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Ok, just need to know one thing. This model has the same frames and animations as sonic, tails or chuckles?
Old 05-31-2014   #129
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Ok, just need to know one thing. This model has the same frames and animations as sonic, tails or chuckles?
I dunno :V
Old 05-31-2014   #130
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
I dunno :V
I have the Sonic R model and a high poly version that a friend made for BlitzSonic. WHICH ONE??????????????????????????????????????????????

EDIT(Ignore it if you don't like BlitzSonic :V): By the way, I have a youtube channel named VBlitz546. There I post my work (kinda :P) with BlitzSonic, i'm planing on doing videos of Srb2 soon.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 05-31-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2014   #131
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Yes, unless you wanna make one more model for the chaos spear move that shadow can use.
Old 05-31-2014   #132
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Yes, unless you wanna make one more model for the chaos spear move that shadow can use.
I mean the eggrobo wad, lel.
Old 05-31-2014   #133
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
I mean the eggrobo wad, lel.
Is it able to roll or anything like that? Eggrobo uses the spring and falling sprites, and the falling sprites have an edited jet flame as a part of falling.
Eggrobo uses some unique sprites for automatic rolling (psst! it's just him rotating around)
Old 05-31-2014   #134
TheDoctor

@Agustin :o my shinx&pika.wad is there :o. I am making an update to that with more Pokémon though, such as Pichu, mew, and some other possible ones.

Also, why not get the Egg Robo model from SA2? That one is pretty good.
Old 05-31-2014   #135
Blackhex

Well, I cannot wait for more models! You were talking of a Eggrobo model? I have the Beta of the Eggrobo char, like Agustin :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
@Agustin :o my shinx&pika.wad is there :o. I am making an update to that with more Pokémon though, such as Pichu, mew, and some other possible ones.

Also, why not get the Egg Robo model from SA2? That one is pretty good.
This is strange... I have Shinx&Pikachu too! Anyway, I'll be looking at them, i loved the Infinite Air-drill thingy :B
Also, that model of Eggrobo you're talking about looks... good? :V

WALKAS
Blackhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #136
Blackhex

I know you're working or not on that Eggrobo model, but... can I request something? You know, I have a Kirby char (doeswheeliekirbysoundfamiliartoyou?) and I wanna have a model of him to play with. Can you make a model to him? Here it is:
Spoiler: Kirby spoiler ahead!

Spoiler: Another kirby to you!
Did I scare you? Sorry!

Can you make it?

WALKAS
Blackhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #137
TheDoctor

Alright VomitingBus456, since you are afraid of applying a skeleton to a model, I have another idea. Take your high poly 06 model, and convert the skeletal animations to frames, like you did with SADX and Sonic Colors, and also take a separate model with the skeletal animations, and send both models with the textures to me, I will then attempt to do one of these two ideas:

1.) Manually attach the skeleton to the lower - poly model
2.) Replicate the animation through compare and contrast powers of observation.
Old 06-08-2014   #138
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDi*** View Post
Alright VBlitz546, since you are afraid of applying a skeleton to a model, I have another idea. Take your high poly 06 model, and convert the skeletal animations to frames, like you did with SADX and Sonic Colors, and also take a separate model with the skeletal animations, and send both models with the textures to me, I will then attempt to do one of these two ideas:

1.) Manually attach the skeleton to the lower - poly model
2.) Replicate the animation through compare and contrast powers of observation.
I am not afraid, applying a skeleton to another model is a right fucking hard job. I'm not a professional pack, I'm Animator.
Old 06-08-2014   #139
Virt
Trollerskates

It's not that difficult, in all honesty.
Old 06-09-2014   #140
Pixel-Voxel
i don't remember this

Well, this is way too many. No really, the game lagged after just putting in Crawla models. It got worse when I put in monitors. It's just a PC issue, but it's rather tedious trying to put so many of these back. Especially with some files being named after their SRB2 file names rather than what they actually are.
Pixel-Voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014   #141
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel-Voxel View Post
Well, this is way too many. No really, the game lagged after just putting in Crawla models. It got worse when I put in monitors. It's just a PC issue, but it's rather tedious trying to put so many of these back. Especially with some files being named after their SRB2 file names rather than what they actually are.
Play the game in windowed mode and in the smallest resolution possible, there shall be no lag.