Free Radical Design Closes its Doors, Permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims

i would rather not
Source

The employees of the game design company Free Radical arrived to find that the doors leading into their office were locked.

After the poor reviews of Haze and the struggle to find a publisher for Timesplitters 4, the company was forced to close down, permanently most likely.

This really sucks. Timesplitters was my favorite FPS, and I was really looking forward to the fourth.

Wow... the makers of gems such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Timeplitters are now all gone...
This saddens me very much so...

Like I said in #srb2fun, I don't suspect there closing cause they didn't give the employees any warning. They would have at least sent a E-mail.

Kroze said:
Wow... the makers of gems such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Timeplitters are now all gone...
Rare is still around.

Meh, I hear Free Radicals aren't good for your health anyway. *killed in the most insane method possible*

Chaos Knux said:
Meh, I hear Free Radicals aren't good for your health anyway. *killed in the most insane method possible*
*Walks away from Chaos Knux in a disappointed manner*

In my opinion TimeSplitters 2 was better than Future Perfect, although it may just seem that way because of the comparative leap of change between TS and TS2 being more than TS2 and TS:FP. Second Sight was pretty good too.

glaber said:
Kroze said:
Rare is still around.

Actually Glaber, everyone that worked on those first two titles mentioned left Rare and went to Free Radical to work on Timesplitters in the middle of Perfect Dark's development cycle.
Why do you think Rare all of a sudden started sucking after that and headed in a completely different direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back