New & Old Horizons combo pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talking about the part after the platforms stuck to the walls, where the exit sign is.

Ah... right...
Since you are not supposed to play it without the spin, I didn't think to that,
Anyways it will be fixed for 1.0 in the Archives.

Ah... right...
Since you are not supposed to play it without the spin, I didn't think to that,
Anyways it will be fixed for 1.0 in the Archives.

:P Yeah, not many people consider that, since all the normal characters have Spindash. It happens.

I look forward to a fixed version. :)

(Pic of new FRZ2)

If the image doesn't animate, click on it to open a site, and reclick on it in that site to see the animated version

So here are the lastests new concerning New Horizons:
I want to know these things:

-By imagining the player plays like in the gif, what should be the lenght of the level? (sticking to 1:40~2:00 for me)

-What should I improve in the level, espicially in the section before the gif stops

EDIT: Pootispencer here

...Oh, I found my favorite room, it's the one WHERE YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE...
-JonTron, Conan the Barbarian Games

Quote that sorta pertains to the subject aside, I am actually really liking how it is turning out. The level has a sense of mystery and curiosity to it, while also having creepy vibes to it, possibly because it is bringing back memories of Not-So-Green Hill Zone 3, but I digress.

Overall, looking good so far.

Basically, I'm a force of nature!
So, I just took some time for doing this, HappyFox does the section shown in the second screenshot tough. Also Knuckles has his own path in this level but it is too incomplete for the moment.

Last edited:
It'd probably be a good idea to brighten up those caves a bit. People start to get frustrated when the light level is below 128 or so.

It'd probably be a good idea to brighten up those caves a bit. People start to get frustrated when the light level is below 128 or so.

The brightness IS 128. And this is the entire point of this level!
Cyan Sonic also told me: By the screenshot I can tell this is way too dark.
He tested and then he said that it is true, we can cleary see what is heading for us.

If you are going to leave the are to 128 or less, remove all possible crawlas inside the map, i've run into a ragequit in my own map for not being able to see the crawlas I pawned.

There are not that much enemies in that level, and most of them are revealed by the torches.

Still Alive!

By looking at the second line, it is writen Floral Road Zone 2, which means it is... done!
But don't except for a release before the OLDC, since FRZ1 is going to be inside and that we can't submit a content that was already released.

I see that you took out the old boss of FRZ3... Which is sad, because I really liked that boss. The only thing really wrong with it was that the sprites were an obvious edit of Super Sonic. I hope you bring that boss back in some way (Maybe a reoccurring miniboss?), but probably change the sprites. Personally I had no problem with them, but others seem to. If you dont go with the reoccurring miniboss idea, it would be cool to see the boss in a harder form, since the challenge was part of the reason I liked it. In fact, I actually made a seperate wad where I made that boss harder. (Don't worry, I didn't release it anywhere, it was just for my own enjoyment.)

srb20003.gif

EDIT: If you bring back the ring-throwing boss, make it use Metal Sonic's sprites please.

I see that you took out the old boss of FRZ3... Which is sad, because I really liked that boss. The only thing really wrong with it was that the sprites were an obvious edit of Super Sonic. I hope you bring that boss back in some way (Maybe a reoccurring miniboss?), but probably change the sprites. Personally I had no problem with them, but others seem to. If you dont go with the reoccurring miniboss idea, it would be cool to see the boss in a harder form, since the challenge was part of the reason I liked it. In fact, I actually made a seperate wad where I made that boss harder. (Don't worry, I didn't release it anywhere, it was just for my own enjoyment.)

EDIT: Metal Sonic = FRZ3!

Last edited:
So, I have fixed some issues I had with OGL (Most of them, currently) and removed the ugly slime trail in FRZ1.

The boss will be an edit of the Devil Sonic (I'm working on the SOC) using Metal's sprites.

But, guys, what would you like to see as a second zone?
Also, the OLDC is approaching, with FRZ1, and NH's 1.0 release not so long after :P

Well, FRZ1 looks like a maze with the new revamp, you may want to change that. FRZ2 is way too dark in software, in OpenGL it is really glitchy, the alternate paths are a bit hard to find with those large open areas full of mountains and water everywhere, far from that stuff, the map is fun to explore. I thought you was using Metal sprites in FRZ3? dat eggman always speaking TEIK A LOAUD OF DIS AAHAAHHA TEIK A LOUAD OF MASJDNBJHIEBDV is a bit of a brain terminator.

Well, FRZ1 looks like a maze with the new revamp

Lolwut. I assume your a tester as well now, but that level is one of the most linear levels ever; there's only two path splits that come together relatively quickly.

FRZ2 is way too dark in software

As a Software player, I had no problems finding my way through.

But, guys, what would you like to see as a second zone?

Maybe.... What connected forever a greeny-like Zone like... GHZ, EHZ, AIZ, and MHZ in the classic Sonic games? A factory-like Zone! (Excepting GHZ, and AIZ)
Emerald Hill Zone connected to Chemical Plant Zone, and Mushroom Hill Zone connected to FBZ, right?

Floral Road Zone...
If FRZ2 is a really darker cave, what connects it to a second level? A dark factory-like zone! Maybe... a name like Gloomy Construction Zone?

Just another idea.

Why do all the second zones have to be factories? If the first zone ends in a cave, maybe the second could have the player exploring the depths of it, or maybe exit out on the side of an mountain, and have a rocky mountain level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back