Random Flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stritrix

I am a Windows 7 user. It seems that no matter what computer/resolution I use, there's always these flashes that keep occurring. How do I get rid of them? Thanks.

More detail would be nice. However, flickering could be due to a failing video card or monitor.

The screen just flashes here and there. Someone in the chat mentioned it's to do with aero being on or something. He/she didn't say anything apart from that, so I had to ask here.

It happens to me too sometimes, it usually stops after a short while.

If you think Aero is the issue, you can right click on SRB2's exe, go to properties, compatibility settings and tick the "Disable Desktop Composition" box.

The flickering is due to Windows 7's rotating desktop background feature. Every time Windows changes the background, it forces a default 256-color palette on SRB2, which SRB2 has to correct to return to its normal color scheme.

If that is the case, all you would have to do is press F11, which changes the screen brightness. That will reset the palette changes too. You can keep on pressing F11 until you get back to what you want.

To fix my palette issues with software, I just use this alias/bind setup:
Code:
alias fix "vid_mode (insert default vid mode number here)"
bind x "fix"
This is a no-lag solution to the problem. Since SRB2 already has the mode loaded, it just reloads the default colors and begins working fine for you. Really helps with software's palette problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back