Ok, I used to be able to host but can't anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyer3f

I used to be able to host, but now for some reason it won't host on 5029 anymore! Yes I have already tried forwarding my ports, forwarding them again, using a static IP, and so on. Anyone have any idea on why this has happened and what I can do to fix it?

EDIT: Ok, now it hosts on 5029. For some reason, 123 reunite was able to join my server by search but a person named Silver Tails wasn't able to. Before that, I tried to get Kuja to try and join and he wasn't able to either. Maybe this information will help somewhat.

EDIT2: Now 123 Reunite can't see my servers anymore. I have no idea whats causing this.

EDIT3: I finally fixed it ^_^! For some reason, my firewall set itself to block all incoming connections and to ignore the exceptions :/. I have no idea why and when it did that, but I changed it back. Thanks for the help guys.

You first have to think in what you did when it stopped working. Then you may be able to start working in your problem.

Sik said:
You first have to think in what you did when it stopped working. Then you may be able to start working in your problem.
Some things that happened were that I moved, got a new ISP, and then went back to the old ISP. It stopped working afterwards. Then I re-forwarded my ports and it worked again. Now its not working again >.>. Ive tried all I could think of to fix it, thats why I'm posting here to see if you guys have any suggestions

The reason I didn't post this information was because it worked for a short time after I first fixed it, so I figured that those weren't the reasons. I might be wrong though

EDIT: Heres how my ports are forwarded if it helps

srb2help.jpg

EDIT2: It was before the master server mess that this started

What you should do is if you have a windows computer is to check your ports again. Sometimes mine close but its only happened once:

1st option: Now listen go to the start menu, click control panel, go to network connections, now right click local area connection, then go to advance and click settings, then just add a port.

2nd option: Go to internet gateway (presumably) and go to settings and if there is something that says advanced then go there and add a port

NOTE: make sure you put in your real ip address for the dialogue that says "ip of the service hosting this port" also both external and internal ports should be 5029.

I hoped i helped in some way

Sonic Destiny said:
What you should do is if you have a windows computer is to check your ports again. Sometimes mine close but its only happened once:

1st option: Now listen go to the start menu, click control panel, go to network connections, now right click local area connection, then go to advance and click settings, then just add a port.

2nd option: Go to internet gateway (presumably) and go to settings and if there is something that says advanced then go there and add a port

NOTE: make sure you put in your real ip address for the dialogue that says "ip of the service hosting this port" also both external and internal ports should be 5029.

I hoped i helped in some way
Thanks Sonic Destiny, that worked. Its listed on port 5029 now, but it still won't let others connect to my server

EDIT: Look at the Topic Post

flyer3f said:
Thanks Sonic Destiny, that worked. Its listed on port 5029 now, but it still won't let others connect to my server

Anytime, anytime. Ill try to diagnose that problem about why you cant host anymore.

I'll run a few tests and get back with you ok? XD i sound like a nerd.

Also from time to time post when youre hosting a game or pm me immediately and ill see if it will work.

Sonic Destiny said:
flyer3f said:

Anytime, anytime. Ill try to diagnose that problem about why you cant host anymore.

I'll run a few tests and get back with you ok? XD i sound like a nerd.

Also from time to time post when youre hosting a game or pm me immediately and ill see if it will work.
Thanks alot. I'm going to host in an hour for about 10 minutes to see whats going on. And thanks for the help ^_^

EDIT: ok, now it doesn't say that it is hosted on 5029 anymore. >.< this is driving me crazy!

Sonic Destiny said:
Wait though whats the name of your server?!
Ill put it back up in another hour. It will be called "Flyer3fs server"

EDIT: Gah! I forgot to host >.<. Ill host again around 11 PM Eastern Standard Time for about 15 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back