1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Version 1.08 is out, and you know what that means: We need to know what the bugs are so we can fix them.

When reporting a bug, please be as descriptive as possible when describing what you did to cause the bug, and if it's a crash, say what the error message was.

Thank you in advance.

Castle Eggman, Act 2 - After the final door is opened, there's two Jetty-Syn Bombers with their deaf flags tagged, meaning they don't move.

Christmas Hunt - There's.. nothing to hunt. Nothing is there. Just a level to wander around.

Did you redownload it recently. We had to reupload it for a lot of stupidity. I think he fixed Christmas Hunt in that.

There are some graphical glitches on the hill after you come out of the castle, some of the floors don't seem to show up near the top.
Edit: Forgot to mention, this is on Spring Hill Zone.

Oh yeah, when you destroy the wall in GFZ1 (the breakable one), at least in OGL mode, it messes up the walls it was touching. (they dissapear too)

Blaze, redownload already! That one was already fixed in the reupload. You must've gotten the borked version very early.

In the current version, Ice Hockey still doesn't work, much to my dismay. (I fixed it by adding one line of code, but Mystic doesn't want me to give out patches or new exes... sigh.) After you score a goal once, the snowman becomes unpushable, so you can't do anything after that. I'm hoping I can get a patch released sometime soon to fix this, because I really wanted Ice Hockey to be playable.

Time limits and point limits don't get reset in netgames after the game mode is switched to coop or race. This leads to weird results because you hit a Badnik or the minute changes on the clock and suddenly it's saying you got through the act, when you actually didn't.

Spring Hill Zone is screwed up in OpenGL for some reason. It gives error messages and, if you aren't lucky, crashes. Neither AJ nor I has a clue what's causing this (the Nights level hasn't changed since the last demo, and it's a map problem that shouldn't have to do with the new HUD), so all I can say is play in software to run Nights.

Nimbus Ruins Zone, one of the new CTF levels, has a slightly glitched sky in software mode. It's because the map is so big, and there's no real way to fix it, but it's pretty minor anyhow, so I'm sure everyone can tolerate it.

Another bug I just noticed right now. Levels can end the game and return to the title screen instantly now, bypassing the credits. But when they do, it thinks a game is still in progress, and if you go to start a new one, it asks you to end the current one first.

(Edit: Only if the new game you try to start/join is a netgame. If you start a single player game after being returned to the title screen, there isn't any problem.)

How's this:

When I copy and paste the textures1/pnames from srb2.srb and put them in another wad (say, my Sonic Heroes music wad, which contains the one 256x256 new texture)... it yells at me for bad animation cycles (a441 knows which ones, bluew1 to bluew3, etc etc).

It's the exact same textures list with ONE entry modified (GFZROCK, 128x128, made 256x256), but SRB2 has a problem with it.

(a441 edit: This turns out to be an XWE bug, having nothing to do with SRB2.)

In levels that use the Camera Scanner effect, some of my stupid debug messages are displayed that should've been taken out, including "Initialising elevator (LOL!) in P_AddCameraScanner."

Custom Exit effects don't seem to work when set to No Climb, which is supposed to make them skip the score tally.

Well your.. not really meant to jump over them if they are there.

That would make for a very usfull type of speed pad though..

Alrighty, for some reason I was playing on my LAN and I was getting a constency failure whenever I ran into a monitor without spinning, as well as shooting the other person.

In Two player games (NOT network), in CTF mode, my sister and I are playing. Both of us are the same color, so CTF is really boring. In 2D mode, if you make a conveyor belt go up and down, and you are facing right and left, when you step on the belt, you go up and down! Don't fix this though, you can make some interesting effects! My newest level takes advantage of this, so again, don't fix this please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back