OpenGL hates me again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

I don't know if it's me, but playing 2.1 is just a terror in OpenGL:
2vb5rsw.png

This is the Framerate in OpenGL. Good God, Cineblast didn't have this, CB didn't have this, SRB2OpenGL didn't have this.. so wtf?

I'll say the software version is my best version no lag at all whatsoever:
snotc9.png

I know Software has problems that make things glaring. But I don't care, better frame rate is something more valuable than beauty.

But seriously, is it my graphics card unable to handle 2.1's awesomeness? Or has someone else that DOESN'T have Windows Vista have this problem?
I hope the answers are free to cheap.

I don't know if it's me, but playing 2.1 is just a terror in OpenGL:
2vb5rsw.png

This is the Framerate in OpenGL. Good God, Cineblast didn't have this, CB didn't have this, SRB2OpenGL didn't have this.. so wtf?

I'll say the software version is my best version no lag at all whatsoever:
snotc9.png

I know Software has problems that make things glaring. But I don't care, better frame rate is something more valuable than beauty.

But seriously, is it my graphics card unable to handle 2.1's awesomeness? Or has someone else that DOESN'T have Windows Vista have this problem?
I hope the answers are free to cheap.

Welcome to 2.1

I have Windows 7, and OpenGL runs perfectly while Software lags heavily and looks like crap with weird flickering (though, for some reason I can't record the flickering with either FRAPS or SRB2's startmovie).

I feel that people are starting to have more issues with Software than with OpenGL nowadays...

There has to be some better solution with OpenGL, maybe 2.1 is so powerful that my computer's graphics card cannot handle it. But there needs to be some better compatibility with weaker cards, otherwise i can't use my md2 models for the games...

I thought it was a known fact by now that with SRB2's old age and 2.1's inexplicable issues, different operating systems treat both renderers pretty much oppositely. Most noticeably Windows 7 and 8, which will run OpenGL far faster and more accurately than they ever can software, while every previous OS runs vice versa. It's a good thing 2.1 has a lot more OpenGL support and such by Sryder, or else there'd be no alternative to begin with.

The OpenGL support doesn't reach far enough, especially to those that don't have the money to upgrade or replace a part of their computer in order to play the game smoothly in OpenGL. The OpenGL problems for older operating systems make the users that try to play this game in OpenGL look cheap and inexpensive. Also, I paid $0 to download this game, and while it's epic quality and availability is worth $0, some better features (Like OpenGL for older users) seem more of an expense that isn't worth anything because of the $0 availability and the fact that IT'S A VIDEO GAME! ~ ClementJ642

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back