Changing your character in online play

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ever I play online I see people play with different colored characters and I'm not sure how they do it cause I'm having trouble changing from sonic to tails. I would like to play as a red tails or an army tails but in net play I don't know how to change out characters. how do I change out characters so I don't have to play as sonic all the time and how do I edit tails to be red or how I'd like him to be during net play.

When you're playing the game, you can press ESC at any time. Menus will come up, you can select the MULTIPLAYER menu and then the SETUP PLAYER menu to change your skin, colour and name. This is really useful, actually. :3

You should look through the menus (ESC) sometime, because you can really find useful stuff in them! Like changing your controls, for instance.

PS: Wow, this topic was posted one minute ago? Quick response FTW. xD

Also, remember you can only change your skin and color while standing completely still.

Wow, to have been a member so long, I'm surprised you don't know how.

I prefer setting up a bind in my autoexec.cfg.

Sorta like this:

bind Sonic "skin sonic;color blue"
bind Tails "skin tails;color orange"
bind Knux "skin knuckles;color red"

I may be wrong, however. It's been a long time since I last did config and script editing.

Sorta like this:

I may be wrong, however. It's been a long time since I last did config and script editing.

That's an alias, not a bind. An alias will execute the command it's aliased to when you type it into the console, a bind will execute the command when the binded key is pressed.

A bind is like this:
Code:
bind 1 "skin Sonic; color blue"
An alias is like this:
Code:
alias Sonic "skin Sonic; color blue"
Just to clear things up. :P

Wow, to have been a member so long, I'm surprised you don't know how.

I prefer setting up a bind in my autoexec.cfg.

Sorta like this:

I've been enjoying the game and the wads too much to play the online games, they are a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back