Epic Mario game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Okay here's a crazy idea I got a few days ago while playing Paper Mario: an epic Mario game something with a darker storyline, darker villains, maybe even deeper gameplay, possibly more romance between Mario and Peach, and it could even include Giga Bowser from the super smash bros. series. So tell me how does something like that sound to you?

Count Bleck and Dimentio have already attempted to kill everything in every sort of existence. You really think you can make a darker game than that?

Last edited:
Looks good but...
Here,its to discuss video games that exists,not ideas for games... well i think.
No I'm pretty sure it's for the discussion of video games and every related subject including ideas for them. And Wombatlord I'm talking about a game seperate from the paper mario series and besides a much darker story could probably be made around Giga Bowser.

Last edited:
This idea is horrible. Mario is not the place for extremely dark stories. Lighthearted stories with dark undertones, yes. Dark stories period, no.

I need to see some proofs, I need you to show me that you really want this game. Have ideas of projects is easy, but make them...

"Dark" video game version is probably the idea that I hear the most.

Mario not on the dark side or deeper story line. And no romance to.

HMS you need to think about a better Mario game than that.

Mario is a kid game. With jokes. And fun. With some evil in it. but not scary for kids. And there no romance unless you think romance is Peach kissing Mario on a cheek after being save from Bowser for the 100 time is romantic. Then your wrong

So do you have any work on this project done or anything? Screenshots, concept, anything like that? If not, well... maybe you should have waited on this thread until you did. Just saying.

Also it's kind of a terrible idea!

And there no romance unless you think romance is Peach kissing Mario on a cheek after being save from Bowser for the 100 time is romantic. Then your wrong

Actually, Paper Mario: TTYD did have a lot of romantic (actually, sexual would be a more fitting word) undertones. Not to say it wasn't incredibly disturbing, though. I mean, really, a computer watching Peach take a shower and falling in love with her? That just didn't belong, though, and I can't believe it was in there. And then there was also her stripping after she drank the invisible potion. Sheesh, Nintendo.

Also, HMS, this idea is retarded. If you could hardly call it an idea. It's basically just "Mario, except darker".

mario-land-large.jpg

Last edited:
Okay here's a crazy idea I got a few days ago while playing Paper Mario: an epic Mario game something with a darker storyline, darker villains, maybe even deeper gameplay, possibly more romance between Mario and Peach, and it could even include Giga Bowser from the super smash bros. series. So tell me how does something like that sound to you?

So Sonic 06 but with Mario?

I don't see what makes Dark and Gritty = Good in this situation. The idea to take one of the most iconic characters of Gaming (With the series being known for being, you know, colorful and for kids) and giving it a gritty look just because is just reeking with repercussions, like alienating the fans of said icon.

Nintendo has gotten this far just fine being kid friendly which attracts sales alot, while still reeling in older players with challenging gameplay and with the franchises people can easily remember. That's Nintendo's thing: It doesn't need to be Dark and Gritty games to attract people in.

Suddenly I'm less-annoyed by this thread.

I'm all for cheery things with dark undertones, such as what's already been done with the Mario games that have already been mentioned. There's no need to go over-the-top, because then it wouldn't be an UNDERtone.

Last edited:
Okay here's a crazy idea I got a few days ago while playing Paper Mario: an epic Mario game something with a darker storyline.

Sorry but this is in Samus's and Link's category. . . leave the happy Italian and his mushroom addiction out of it.

Look I'm not saying it would have to be extremely dark just a little darker and okay maybe it was kind of a terrible idea (also I agree with Charybdizs about the sexual implications in pmttyd). But what do you think about at least having Giga Bowser introduced in the Mario series as an antagonist instead of just being a super smash bros. character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back