This MB is dead, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonUnagi

Wow, this brings back memories. I haven't been on SRB2MB in about four-six months, let alone played SRB2 or even thought about it. Now I come back, and there are no new posts in Characters, three new levels, some posts in Mods, and about six hundred topics in the Off-topic forums.

Is this place dying, running out of users, something?

P.S. I notice that 1.1 still isn't out yet. I lol'd.

This place is nowhere near dead. Also, about SRB2. Would you rather have a buggy game? That is the main reason why we delayed it by a few months. We want this release to be as good as we can get it. If we were to release this early, I am sure there would be a lot of complaints that the game keeps crashing on them and such. Nobody here wants to go through patching hell.

The primary reason there are so few releases right now is that when SRB2ME (the new name for SRB2 1.1) comes out in a couple months, it'll all become obsolete anyway. There will be some conversion tools, but for the most part nobody wants to waste energy on designing something that soon will all be pointless. When SRB2ME comes out, I am confident that there'll be a huge upsurge of new levels, characters, mods, SOCs, and netgames.

No one wants to make wads that will be replaced and not usable for 1.1 in 2 months. Of course, the main reason is that the mods have a new system that prevents n00bs from making horrible wads, Approximately 85% of the wad section.

Sonict said:
This place is nowhere near dead. Also, about SRB2. Would you rather have a buggy game? That is the main reason why we delayed it by a few months. We want this release to be as good as we can get it. If we were to release this early, I am sure there would be a lot of complaints that the game keeps crashing on them and such. Nobody here wants to go through patching hell.

Yeah, I was just surprised that in January you guys implied that 1.1 would be out in just over a week. This is becoming Spore all over again, I hope 1.1 lives up to its name.

Where did we say that? You must have misread someone. If that ever happened, we would give you plenty of notice. (Which we did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back