[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Error

I recently downloaded CB JUST for the MD2s. When I launch it without MD2s, it works fine. When I launch it with MD2s, it crashes upon start up. Help?

David121212 said:
But what if i want to play with md2s?

If you want to play with MD2s, try the vanilla version to see if MD2s still work, if not, your OpenGL driver might not be as advanced or something.

Yacker said:
I recently downloaded CB JUST for the MD2s. When I launch it without MD2s, it works fine. When I launch it with MD2s, it crashes upon start up. Help?

Do you mean when loading a map or just immediately upon typing GR_MD2 ON in console?

Try checking your md2.dat for any entries which don't have models, if it has any, remove them and try running SRB2CB again.

Try checking your md2.dat for any entries which don't have models, if it has any, remove them and try running SRB2CB again.
This worked, somewhat. Now its looking for SRB2.srb in system32, which its obviously not in. I tried actually putting srb2.srb in system32, but that didn't help...

I cant play RVZ. when ever I try to, I get the error :
too many color maps - the limit is 60. ?
and I dont think I can run DSZ act 2 either...

PLEASE make a version that doesn't start with OpenGL, or tell me how to stop it from doing that.
I don't think you can make it start in software mode, and you really wouldn't want to considering that slopes don't work with software if I remember correctly.

Why would you want to use software with SRB2CB anyways?

I don't think you can make it start in software mode, and you really wouldn't want to considering that slopes don't work with software if I remember correctly.

Why would you want to use software with SRB2CB anyways?

Because OpenGL stinks on this laptop and is way too slow unless I put it to the lowest resolution, and that looks like poop.

just put "-software" in the manual parameters section of the Net launcher. I also recommend starting in windowed mode if you have so much trouble with resolution, I personally use "640 x 400" resolution in windowed mode when I play netgames.

Last edited:
The Bubble Shield is so epic that you can use it to bounce off death pits. I think that's a bit too epic.

You can also bounce in the water with it to get really high heights with it!
Sorta breaks the game a little too much... XD

Also, the bots are really smart to get some air if they need it. They grab a air bubble then come back to you, then repeats over and over.

Last edited:
My gosh, the way this mod is made makes the game so much better. It's a wonder the makers of this mod don't allow these guys to help work on development for the actual game.

The only dislike I have, is the broken homing attack. I am just wondering is there a way anyone can fix that? But yeah SRB2CB is amazing with all its addition stuff.

To those having issues with Colormap limits on DSZ2 or RVZ

This issue is a pretty big flaw with a surprisingly easy fix. You see that "Special PNG Version" that is for "modders only" on the op? Download that. Extract it. Run it. Now you can play the levels.

You will see a few texture issues arise, such as in DSZ1, a wall is made up of the GFZ texture. You'll need to download the texture pack below it as well. And there you have it, SRB2, but with so much more. You get multi-MD2 support, bots, slopes, and other things!

If anyone knows the technical aspects of the mod to tell why there's a colormap limit that is so low that levels won't work, and why PNG Version fixes it, just tell it.

Last edited:
To those having issues with Colormap limits on DSZ2 or RVZ

This issue is a pretty big flaw with a surprisingly easy fix. You see that "Special PNG Version" that is for "modders only" on the op? Download that. Extract it. Run it. Now you can play the levels.

You will see a few texture issues arise, such as in DSZ1, a wall is made up of the GFZ texture. You'll need to download the texture pack below it as well. And there you have it, SRB2, but with so much more. You get multi-MD2 support, bots, slopes, and other things!

If anyone knows the technical aspects of the mod to tell why there's a colormap limit that is so low that levels won't work, and why PNG Version fixes it, just tell it.

I did this, but the lavafalls in RVZ aren't animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back