Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates in the original post. One more contest after this one, and possible delays in the release of the level pack.

For the Match division, I whipped up something pretty quickly. Probably going to end up really average because I never spend much time on Match levels, but oh, well.

Great Gorge of Water Zone is a level taking place completely underwater. With no air bubbles. At all. Or Liquid Shields. However, every 15 seconds, the entire level drains and fills back up, the process taking about 1.5 seconds. There's really only one way to drown, and you have to REALLY try to get it to work.

WARNING: There is no detail in this zone whatsoever.

Darkvile Castle is pretty much done. However, do to time contrictions and the fact that the Wiki is locked, I won't be releasing it here beforehand.

I might have to hold off on entering Poloy forest. Either that or enter it in it's incompleate state. (it has an exit sector)

No, wait till next contest. One time, you submitted a very competent Single Player level except for two flaws: it was EXTREMELY short, and it used ugly-at-first-sight blue Jazz Jackrabbit textures.

Also, Great Gorge of Water Zone has been submitted to Match. I hope it at least gets a better score than Boringe, lol.

Aqua Caves Act 1 has been entered into the Single Player Division, and Endless woods has been entered into the Race division.

If I'm lucky, I can finish it off by leaving off part three. (The part where Tails fights the boss and gets his remote robot.)
I decided to cut off part 3 as I don't have time for it. Part 2 did get finished.

GS Poloy forest has been sent

I'm actually submitting a series of five short tutorial maps. Even if it doesn't win, there's always the possibility it will actually go into a release of the game, and my name could be in the credits! ;-)

Who needs tutorial maps anyway?
Erm, since there's another contest coming up, I could either submit my maps in now in their somewhat unfinished, unpolished state. OR enter them in next time when they would be nice and shiny and detailed.

Welcome to the Mill Citadel Zone, a single player map.

I think Sonic never visited a flour mill factory. Why not to do one?

Here you'll find crushers, conveyors, warehouses, silos, traps... and flour everywhere.

MCZ008.jpg

MCZ002.jpg

MCZ016.jpg

MCZ013.jpg

... and there are 2 hidden tokens

More at: http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/EzerArch/Mill Citadel Zone/

@ Furious Fox

The map was sent some hours ago. But I was forced to send it again because I had to fix 4 missing textures.

flarn2006 said:
I'm actually submitting a series of five short tutorial maps. Even if it doesn't win, there's always the possibility it will actually go into a release of the game, and my name could be in the credits! ;-)

If all 5 show up during the contest, I calling out FF on this.

Oh please, Glaber. Remember the last time it happened? It didn't win. You bring this up every single time. Even if it somehow wins, it won't count since he already would have broke the rule...

I guess it's because I'm an OLDC Overenthusiast and like seeing the contest rules enforced.

Maby a way to differanchieat the rule breaking levels could be to move it to a "Disquallified" list (Location would be after the legit levels in the first post), but whatever, do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back