• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(CANCELED) Sonic: Gear One

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about no because the Death Egg wasn't introduced until Sonic 2? (Mega Drive/Genesis) :D

Besides, what is coming is good enough. We don't need any Death Eggyness.

Boinciel said:
Dark Warrior said:
I like it. I like it a lot.

It was a very well built pack.

Issues I noticed were few...
One was that Bridge zone used water texture on the floor, which doesn't look right.
It's supposed to be like the light reflected to the bottom of an almost still pool.
The problem is that that only works if the floor texture is built that way itself. SRB2 is making the water translucent, rather then brightening the ripple marks on the floor. So it doesn't really work that way.

Boinciel said:
Dark Warrior said:
Another was the overuse of springs. It's not hard to just jump through the holes where the springs are set up.
Sure, but springs are more fun. Besides, it's kind of a stalling tactic and it shows how much springs can work in unison. They make a 30 second level seem much longer.
While you make a good point, they still deter from the level. For example, someone doing a speed run could quite accidentally hit a spring and ruin his run.

Boinciel said:
Dark Warrior said:
Don't have 4 layers of water in GHZ. It just looks bad that way.
Should I cut it down to 2? One layer is too transparent, but an opaque layer doesn't look right.
Yes, that might work, if the point of it is to make it less translucent. I thought the point was to try and make it solid when I saw them. :x

Boinciel said:
Dark Warrior said:
Other then those, yes it was fun. But next time, consider finishing the levels you have set up as the first ones in Single Player, hm? ;)
Yeeaaaah, I kind of got side-tracked at the beginning. It's just the blasted ADHD.
What you should do next time is have the finished levels work in order, at the start of the game, rather then refer to unfinished ones. That way, people don't have to dig through the Multiplayer option to see the levels. ;)

Anyways, as I said, this is a nice pack. Keep up the good work. The few small problems really pale in comparison to the nice play this pack gives.

Boinciel said:
Hmmm... Which zone/act was that?

Dunno why, but MAP16. Oh wait, is that in your pack?

*checks*

Hmm. XWE and Doom Builder don't see it.

*checks again*

SRB2 has that map as RVZ.

*checks one last time*

Nothing. On the other hand, MAP06 has some ridiculously far away control sectors.

Haven't gotten around to Map16, anyway. That would be the first act of Sky Base Zone. The control sectors are so far away because they caused small graphical glitches. Yes, I'm aimed at perfection here. I'm going to draw up some concept sketches of the Scrap Brain boss soon. Now this is getting serious!

Ack. Maybe you have just one random piece of data whic messes with MAP16. I'd just use the "Clean Up" option tho'.

MAP16 is supposed to glitch in the normal game, too. Try going to MAP16 without S1GG.wad. You can't if you type it in. There is no way to get to RVZ in this map pack, but there are other hidden levels...

BlueZero4 said:
Boinciel said:
Hmmm... Which zone/act was that?

Dunno why, but MAP16. Oh wait, is that in your pack?

*checks*

Hmm. XWE and Doom Builder don't see it.

*checks again*

SRB2 has that map as RVZ.

*checks one last time*

Nothing. On the other hand, MAP06 has some ridiculously far away control sectors.

Map16 which is RVZ, It is not located in the Srb2.srb file ITSELF, but its in a Data file if I am correct... (Soar.dta I think)

Nah, it's Drill.dta.

Anyways, I couldn't scan the concept boss in because when I do that the computer messes up and doesn't let me go on the Internet. You have to do a system restore, which gets rid of the scan. So, I decided not to scan it in. Too much hassle for absolutely NO gain. In fact, a loss, because in the time I was fiddling with this, I wasn't making levels.

Jurai_Madman said:
What concept boss? If you can SOC, you can make a variety of AI scenarios for a boss.

SOC can't edit the AI. You can edit which states it goes to when the AI dictates its time to go to said state, but you can't actually edit the AI itself.

So I was wrong. Anyways, front page updated with pictures of some stuff.

The boss consists of a pillar in the middle* 170 Fracunits up, Eggman sitting immobile on top. Some kind of cannon on an axis Thing would fire a bullet (Frisbees Of Death suck) at you every 2-4 seconds (Depending on whether Deaf was on or off). The cannon does not have to stop firing, and is not connected to Eggman. You had to jump on platforms**, and then hit Eggman 8 times. This boss was supposed to be for Scrap Brain. It would have Mystic Realm Boss music to shake things up, telling you "This is not going to be easy."

*The texture being Piston. Trying to look like a turret, here.
**Two textures, one for the platform and one for the floaty propulsion thing.

Ok. Those weren't in the game!
Thats the Genisis one you're thinking about.

The Zones of the Game Gear one is:
1.Green hill
2.Bridge
3.Jungle
4. Labyrinth
5.Scrap Brain.
6.sky fortress (Whatever it's called)

Of course, because it's called Sky Base. For some reason, the rings were blue, but the HUD Ring wasn't... The Rings will be fixed in this version.

Wouldn't Sonic get stuck on the points, then? That would be bad.

I just had another idea for the Scrap Brain boss. All I'll need is an immobile Eggman. I can do the rest with FOFs and Pop-up Turrets. Just think- 8 turrets that shoot you, you cannot destroy them, you can only destroy Eggman which ends the level (No Egg Capsule this time, but there will be one in Sky Base Zone.)

Labyrinth Zone 1 is pretty decent, but it's a bit too short for an SP stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back