Resource icon

kavonhazo

Peridot from Steven Universe--complete with voice clips! She shares the same weight as Knuckles, but her speed is slightly faster. "CLODS!"

Stats
-------
Speed:6
Weight: 5

I was inspired by the very creative and fun kart characters on this site but I wasn't sure where to start since not only have I never made a wad before, but I'm also not someone who does any spriting. I decided on Peridot because she is symmetrical in design, which is a great starting point if you ask me. Oh right, and I like Steven Universe.

Special Thanks:
-aesthetic-astrogirl, who prepared and provided a basic kart wad for me, provided better understanding of how wad files work, constructive criticism, general feedback and testing.
-Kart Krew Discord. They introduced me to Aseprite, a wonderful program designed for pixel artwork. They also have channels dedicated to tutorials and helping others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    95 KB · Views: 1,675
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    95 KB · Views: 1,639
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    96 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    96 KB · Views: 1,042
  • kart0001.gif
    kart0001.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,027
  • kart0001.gif
    kart0001.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,073
  • KC_Peridot_v1.zip
    204.1 KB · Views: 819
  • KC_Peridot_v1.zip
    204.1 KB · Views: 882
Welcome to releases! Though, it'd probably be better to choose another part of her colors to change, as right now, its very difficult to tell what's different when switching palettes. Something like the green of her outfit, or perhaps her hair, as those are the most prominent parts.

Try and catch me, YOU CRYSTAL ***CLODS***!!!!!!!!!!! NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

There's a colour in 2.2 named after her because I love her. It didn't make it into Kart because we didn't backport the palette changes, but let it be known that she is the best and is a strong contender for my main.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back