Dynamic Slopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
Looking at the Wiki i cant find anything about dynamic slopes. How is one made, what is its purpose and what is the difference between dynamic slopes to normal ones?

The slope behavior is "dynamic" by default. It means the slope will vary if you alter the sector heights, and in the case of vertex slopes, the "vertex" mobjs as well.

The slope behavior is "dynamic" by default. It means the slope will vary if you alter the sector heights, and in the case of vertex slopes, the "vertex" mobjs as well.

Oh i see, that clears up some things

Our slope documentation is a little incomplete at the moment, bear with us; hopefully I fixed our info on dynamic slopes a bit just now.

EDIT: Mind you vertex slopes are NOT dynamic by default so I'm aware, you need to toggle on the No Tails flag on their linedefs to turn it on. And then you also need linedef type 799 for the vertices you want to move to set the z positions of them or something. I don't use them enough to know I'm right or not though mind. x_x

Last edited:
Our slope documentation is a little incomplete at the moment, bear with us; hopefully I fixed our info on dynamic slopes a bit just now.

EDIT: Mind you vertex slopes are NOT dynamic by default so I'm aware, you need to toggle on the No Tails flag on their linedefs to turn it on. And then you also need linedef type 799 for the vertices you want to move to set the z positions of them or something. I don't use them enough to know I'm right or not though mind. x_x

Ok thats fine. Take your time since you guys have alot on you hands i presume anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back