Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, rather give more moves for said types. Bug type only really has X scissor to be proud of, and dark types really only have dark pulse.

In Gen 3, Dark Moves were classed as Sp.Atk, but seeing as in Gen 4, yea... Dark Pulse is the only attack that is classed as Special, while other Dark Moves were classed as Physical, such as Bite & Crunch.

Unless you count Judgment as one Dark Sp.Atk if you have Arceus hold a Dread Plate, which changes Judgment's attack to Dark, and of course, Arceus's type gets changed as well to give it a STAB effect.

So... there's kinda 2 Special Dark moves, or 1 if you don't count Judgment.
-----
In Gen 3, Bug type were classed for Attack, in Gen 4, some moves got switched.

Bug moves had X-Scissor, U-Turn, Fury Cutter, Bug Bite, Mega Horn, Leech Life, Attack Order, Pin Missile, Twin Needle, as Physical. While Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, and Signal Beam as Special.

Again, Judgment could count if Arceus is holding a Insect Plate, which... you know, changes the User's type and Judgment to Bug Type, again, count towards Special.

Last edited:
7 new pokemon, female professor, and pokedex
june-corocoro-new-pokemon.jpg

june-corocoro-new-pokemon-2.jpg

Last edited:
I copied the title from another forum... sorry.
Pokémon Black & White - CoroCoro July Issue
The first bits of this month's issue of the Japanese publication CoroCoro have leaked on various Japanese forums. As usual, we're getting it gradually so please bare with us. There is lots of rumoured information but we need to wait and see. Keep checking back. As of now, the image we have is too blurry to tell what's said. We'll bring anymore as and when it comes with thanks to yaminokame for translations.

• [*]The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (チラーミィ). It is Normal-type, the Chinchilla Pokémon. It is 0.4m tall, 5.8kg. It's abilities are Cute Charm & Technician. It has a move called Sweep Slap (スイープビンタ) which attacks several times consecutively.
    [*]The pig like Pokémon is called Munna(ムンナ). It is the Dream Eater Pokémon and is Psychic-type. It is 0.6m tall and 23.3kg. It has the abilities Forewarn & Synchronise. It has an attack called Telekinesis (テレキネシス) which makes the opponent float in the air.
    [*]The strange dual cog Pokémon is called Gear (ギアル). It is the Gear Pokémon, is a pure Steel-type. It is 0.3m, 21.0kg and has the abilities Plus & Minus. It has a new attach called Gear Saucer (ギアソーサー) which attacks multiple times
    [*]The bird Pokémon called Mamepato (マメパト). It is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon. is Normal-Flying type. It is 0.3m and 2.1kg. It has the Super Luck ability or a new ability called Pigeon Heart (はとむね) which seems to prevent its Defense stat from lowering
    [*]The ape Pokémon called Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ). It is the Flaming Pokémon, is Fire-type. It is 1.3m and 92.9kg. It has a new ability called Encourage (ちからづく)
    [*]The zebra Pokémon called Shimama (シママ). It is the Charged Pokémon, is Electric-type. It is 0.8m and 29.8kg. Its abilities are LightningRod & Motor Drive. It has a new attack called Wild Bolt (ワイルドボルト) which hurts both Shimama and the Pokémon)
    [*]The crocodile Pokémon called Meguroko (メグロコ). It is the Desert Crocodile Pokémon, is Ground-type & Dark-type. It is 0.7m and 15.2kg. Its abilities are Intimidate & Earthquake Spiral (じしんかじょう) which raises its attack when the opponent is Knocked Out
    [*]The new Professor Dr. Araragi (アララギ博士 ) has a Chiramii
    [*]There is a new feature called the C Cog which allows you to play with various connection capabilites. To what end is not known, but there is a screenshot of the player in the Pokémon Centre with various connection stats at the bottom.
    [*]In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode. Then says that in spring 2011 that foreign players will join. The Global Terminal is now also located in the Pokémon Centres

* Reshiram is a Fire & Dragon type. It is 3.2m and 330kg
* Zekrom is an Electric/Dragon as predicted. It is 2.9m and 345kg
* To get Zorua, you will need to send over the Celebi from the upcoming movie to Black & White. It is obtained at Level 10
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=126684

^Region picture

Last edited:
Wait... so they made a pigeon that really looks like a pigeon? Nah, the only ones that look interesting are those cog wheels and the others in the second pic.

Eh, it seems like they're exhausting their inspiration from the animal kingdom. That's three lines of Pidgey-knock-offs, two lines of crocodiles, and two lines of flaming monkeys we've got so far.

I like Gear and especially Munna. Who else is guessing Munna is some bizzare pre-evolutionary form of Drowzee?

Update (12:30 PM, Saturday) - We have reason to believe this may be fake. While the source continues to wholeheartedly maintain it’s real, saying “I hope you can understand that I would not purposely come up with a prank like that after working in the video game community for years,” he posted obvious “fanart” of Minotauros on our forums claiming it to be beta artwork (though later he said it was just to give us an idea of what the real Pokemon would look like). This isn’t what convinced me of his legitimacy earlier, but nonetheless, his present actions just seem too fishy - perhaps his source fooled him, since we know he is an incredibly reliable news reporter for the gaming community. Like we said earlier, this may all be fake, and for now we’re going to classify it as such even though it could still be real. If something proves the legitimacy of this news, we’ll revisit this story and the other stuff he showed us. But for now, my sincerest apologies everyone. (Ongoing discussion about all of this here.)
This afternoon we were contacted by a man named Martijn Müller, the webmaster of an old and famous Zelda website. He claimed to have insider information on Black and White, and after spending a few hours verifying he was who he claimed to be, we decided to indulge and see what he had to say. Granted, we often get a lot of people claiming to know insider information on Pokemon games, with some going to extreme lengths to fool us. However, he has revealed insider information to gaming communities before, which leads us to believe he is telling the truth. He also personally showed me some developer material from Black and White, which further cemented to me that he was telling the truth. Nevertheless, this information could be one highly elaborate scheme (it wouldn’t be the first time), so for now, please just take all of it with a grain of salt - it’s not confirmed and could be fake. As a fan site it is our duty to post rumors when we have gone to reasonable lengths to verify the sources, which is why we decided to post this. Remember, grain of salt!

• There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
  • Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
  • Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
  • In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon’s Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today’s CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
  • One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes’ poison to have an immediate effect.
  • Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will “influence” the plot of the game. If you make “good” choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas “bad” choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player’s actions.
  • Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.

...yay... more story for a pokemon game

Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will “influence” the plot of the game. If you make “good” choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas “bad” choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player’s actions.
So like if the guy on Nugget Bridge asks me if I want to join Team Rocket, and I say yes, I can actually join? Of course this is a different area, but let's imagine....

Well, I'm betting that the overall plot is automatically a good ending. So I doubt you could Team Rocket.

Maybe it could be in an instance where someone needs help, if you help them. You get an item and he'll be your friend. Or if you don't, he'll help himself and remember you didn't help him and make something bad happen to you.

Dreams...

http://www.filb.de/1326
^Video showing weather affects, 3D animation, Pokemon Animating + Trainer throwing Pokeball
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127262

- Reshiram: 3.2m tall and weighs 330kg, Dragon/Fire type, White Yang Pokemon, "Turbo Blaze" ability
- Zekrom: 2.9m tall and weighs 345kg, Dragon/Electric type, Black Yin Pokemon, "Tera Voltage" ability
- Zekrom is said to be hidden by a storm cloud
- Reshiram is said to have a flame that powers the world's climate
- Isshu region has "an area with a strange external appearance."
- Pokemon found in Kanto, Jouto and the other areas of past Pokemon games are, for the most part, absent from Isshu
- buy items directly from the Pokemon Center, as the Friendly Shop is now located inside
- vending machines scattered around town
- Pokedex automatically stores details on the Pokemon you encounter
- red for the male main character
- pink for the female main character
- register both tools and menu shortcuts to Y
- press Y to open up a list of the shortcuts you've recorded
- first time the series has featured direct online play
- access online mode and any online feature from the Pokemon Cente
- use your save file to access a special website from your PC, where you'll be able to play something special
- web-based features not necessary for play
- weather icon shows you in-game weather

Your choices change the game's story? I don't buy it, that's too different from the past games.

but holy shit if that does happen

Your choices change the game's story? I don't buy it, that's too different from the past games.

but holy shit if that does happen

Welcome to the next generation, we can't stay on the same ones forever.

If it was to happen, it would be pretty damn awesome. A change in the story for a change as in the past generations, it was pretty much the same.

1. Leave Home
2. Get first poke
3. Train it up, catch more pokes
4. Do the same as step 3 but take on the first few gyms
5. Take down a criminal organization
6. Be known as a hero or gutsy challenger and be given a master ball
7. In some cases, catch the legendary pokemon, then you save the world
(Gen 3 onwards)
8. Get rest of gym badges and do the E4
9. Do the other extra crap after you beat the game

I freaking love how the music changes when your health bar is low, and how the danger sfx is part of the song. :3 (4:45 in the video Autosaver posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back