*spoilers*Am I suppose to go in here...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From playing Mystic Realm, I remember pressing a bunch of switches. But I haven't tried in NAGZ yet.

You remember correctly. But, the switches you press either a) open up a wall, but a wall is still there, but you can run through it b) lead to a bunch of rings and lives or c) lead to a non-exiting exit. The switch for that spot is replaced by RedXVI's house in heaven I guess.

I think I managed to get back there once... I was playing as Tails, and had spent over a half-hour crawling all over that level. Can't remember the exact route, though...

I just wonder if I would have found anything more if I had done it on my first time through while I still had all the emeralds.

A bunch no, but only one. You need a "heavy object" to open a passage for a room with a switch that opens THAT passage.

But, for my surprise, the switch was replaced with a RedXVI's house.
Judging from the screenshot, the player is on a high ledge facing the monitor. It seems like a different area than the river.

Well, a lot of people seemed to not know about it. In the 7th special stage for Mystic Realm, there was an extra hidden temple inside it. (temple in a temple) It led to the master emerald, and that's what its shrine was. The code for it was not in Mystic Realm, so it was not obtainable, and could only be run into, or jumped on. In fact, I believe Sonic had an emblem in that stage that involved jumping on it and a few other jumps.

Well, a lot of people seemed to not know about it. In the 7th special stage for Mystic Realm, there was an extra hidden temple inside it. (temple in a temple) It led to the master emerald, and that's what its shrine was. The code for it was not in Mystic Realm, so it was not obtainable, and could only be run into, or jumped on. In fact, I believe Sonic had an emblem in that stage that involved jumping on it and a few other jumps.
Yes, but wasn't the emerald itself in a different level called "Inner Sanctuary" or something like that?

EDIT: Ah, it was called "Inner Sanctum"!

Yes, which is what said temple leads to. You activate the temple in SS7 of Mystic Realm, beat the stage, THEN you get sent to inner sanctum.

Yes, which is what said temple leads to. You activate the temple in SS7 of Mystic Realm, beat the stage, THEN you get sent to inner sanctum.
But why is the shrine for the 8th emerald in NAGZ? And why does it look different from "Inner Sanctum". There must be something about this, even if it's just to tease us.

... and I explained why that part looks different from "Inner Sanctum". But I don't know the purpose of being different from.

... and I explained why that part looks different from "Inner Sanctum". But I don't know the purpose of being different from.
OK, I meant the purpose. But if one asks for the purpose, he asks "why". You explained what looks different, not why it looks like this.

Last edited:
WHY. I asked why.

Instead sitting around and acting dense, try thinking about it for a moment.

The reason why it doesn't take place at night is probably the same reason why the music doesn't change at the Act 3/4 section. All the acts have been combined into a single cohesive stage with the same music and background throughout.

Will there be any transitions? Who knows, it may be intended to leave it as is in this regard. The stage is a work in progress. The lack of the Master Emerald may just be because it hasn't been coded in or something.

Last edited:
Hmm... "Hyper Level", "Special Stage 8"... Let's build up a conspiracy theory...
I still kinda like this idea, but Mystic said no real trace of the black emerald is left... but didn't say anything about something else. Really, it doesn't actually matter. It's uses would be very limited.

I still kinda like this idea, but Mystic said no real trace of the black emerald is left... but didn't say anything about something else. Really, it doesn't actually matter. It's uses would be very limited.
If they actually made the black emerald useful in some way, i.e. for unlockables, it would be pretty nice. The armageddon-uber-homing-whatever-thok was overpowered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back