SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 01-09-2010   #3301
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

What? You should still be able to work on it a bit though.
Old 01-10-2010   #3302
Chaos Zero 64

The mod was being ported up to 80%, until October. Right now, it pretty much seems like it could be done in a few months. Just some loose ends here and there.
  • The floating signs that float up and down don't float by sprites anymore. Instead, they use the Crawla Commander's floating code. It's actually smooth now, like it's supposed to.
  • Adventure mode was removed in 2.0, and so was the intangible monitors. That was brought back for Riders and Mario Kart. Plus, I made sure you didn't bounced off when you jumped onto them.

It's kinda hard to think of new additions to post here, since most of the time is spent on porting. And just to be clear, it doesn't seem like JTE's bots will be added in. As expected, even the most updated code from the SVN is useless in 2.0. I still ported it, though. You can see the bots being spawned as players, and can F12'd them. But after one second, the gameplay freezes, just like a spike lag. Luckily, waypoints still work for players.

The only part of the mod that's been left untouched is actual level porting. I simply used lvlconv.exe, but there's a few levels that need tweaking. And when compared to 2.0's scenery, Riders levels appear dull. Specially Green Cave. But I'll get on it once the code is finished.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 01-10-2010   #3303
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

I would like to help port the Riders levels if possible, but I'm a bad procrastinater, so maybe not. The new Cave textures would help a lot for Green Cave and White Jungle.
Old 01-10-2010   #3304
SpaceKGreen
Neon Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64 View Post
And just to be clear, it doesn't seem like JTE's bots will be added in. As expected, even the most updated code from the SVN is useless in 2.0. I still ported it, though. You can see the bots being spawned as players, and can F12'd them. But after one second, the gameplay freezes, just like a spike lag. Luckily, waypoints still work for players.
Clarification: Are you saying there won't be singleplayer bots? Or are you just saying you can't get them to work for multiplayer?

And the gameplay freeze... does it recover, or do you have to exit out?
Old 01-11-2010   #3305
Chaos Zero 64

There won't be bots at all. They don't even work, so why keep them? The code is still there, it's just disabled. Just like Chaos mode. And the reason I said gameplay freeze is because you can still navigate through the menu.

This simply means there won't be a challenge in Single Player. But Riders is still meant for Multiplayer anyways. JTE doesn't seem like he'll bring back SRB2JTE, so we can just forget about bots for now.
Old 01-19-2010   #3306
X27543

I opened the game and it didn't accept the SRB2 Riders "ridersmusic.ridr" What do I do now?
Old 01-20-2010   #3307
Chaos Zero 64

It didn't accept ridersmusic? You're gonna have to be more specific. If you got an error, post it here. Also, if you were using the launcher, you should make sure that music isn't turned off. It's off by default, which I forgot to fix.
Old 01-23-2010   #3308
jean131
Pie FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64 View Post
There won't be bots at all. They don't even work, so why keep them? The code is still there, it's just disabled. Just like Chaos mode. And the reason I said gameplay freeze is because you can still navigate through the menu.

This simply means there won't be a challenge in Single Player. But Riders is still meant for Multiplayer anyways. JTE doesn't seem like he'll bring back SRB2JTE, so we can just forget about bots for now.
Well,i can live with that.
Old 01-26-2010   #3309
R-O-T-Y
lol..........

.....There are no bots in single player Sonic R and Mario Kart maps.

[EDIT] Nevermind.
Old 01-30-2010   #3310
tom37

I keep having problems trying to play SRB2 riders, Its says "This application has failed to start because fmod.dll was not found"
How do i fix?
Old 01-30-2010   #3311
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Download fmod.dll somewhere.

EDIT: SRB2 v1.09.4 already comes with fmod.dll. SRB2 Riders only works with v1.09.4.
Old 01-30-2010   #3312
Chaos Zero 64

In case anyone missed it, the player's icons on the map don't appear on the 2P screen anymore. I moved the entire code from st_stuff to hu_stuff, after I tried finding a way for an image to not reappear on the 2P screen.

Not only that, but the icons move smoothly now. Before, the icons moved two pixels away when you crawled. This time, it's been cut by half. Now that it moves one pixel around the HUD, it's more accurate.

I also tried changing the icon's starting position depending on the white map outline's X and Y position. So that no matter what resolution you were playing with, they will always appear where they're supposed to. Sadly, that didn't work out. So as always, the game is made for 640x400 only. No point in playing on a bigger resolution anyways, since the entire HUD breaks in anything related to SRB2.
Old 01-30-2010   #3313
tom37

Oh i see, thank you SpiritCrusher.
Old 01-30-2010   #3314
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Also, just to point out CZ64, when you add a custom character, even if all the icons are included, the map will disappear leaving you blind. The white map in the corner disappears anyway.
Old 01-31-2010   #3315
Chaos Zero 64

That's not a bug, that's a feature! :P

If you add a custom level, like Mystic Realm, then you'll still be able to see Metal City's outline. So to avoid this, if the game has been modified, all outlines will disappear. To bring it back in, you have to make a new wad with Level X and automap = 1. That will ensure that your custom wad has its own outline, which will help in editing Riders yourself.
Old 01-31-2010   #3316
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

It would be better if it disables the maps if a custom level is added, not a character like I said, I want to see that icon. :<
Old 02-04-2010   #3317
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

All the standing and walking sprites for Knuxy now have been updated (with blue startcolor, it just isn't blue in this gif) :D
Old 02-04-2010   #3318
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

His goggles need to be swaying a bit, just to piss you off. :3
It would look a tiny bit more natural. But I like it.
Old 02-07-2010   #3319
Sonic Advance
I like Trains

This mod is awesome. But I have one question... Why I can play VS bots only in RIDERS? I like some rivals in R or KARTS :P
Old 02-07-2010   #3320
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

MK mode would be easy enough as cZ64 has said, but Sonic R mode would just be a waste of time since there are way too many maps to do it for, and you would need extra waypoints for jumping and spinning and stuff including aerial manuvers.

Although, something I'll suggest for this is the same thing TF2 does with its bots. A .nav file that specifies the points the bots must go in and if there isn't a specific code for map, the bots can't be put in. They could be just wad fiels that have MAP##N or something.