[Open Assets] Super Monitor! (supermonitor.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason there are no maps with this monitor. It's simply something to screw around with, since it removes the point of beating the special stages.

1.MapThingNum with -1 is only used to Weapons(Match,Tag,CTF and Hide and Seek) and Missiles.

Uhm... the monitor's mapthingnum is 3000, not -1. The monitor's ICON's mapthingnum is -1, but the same holds true for every monitor icon in the game.

Umm, how exactly do I put it into Doom Builder so I can use it in levels I make???
If you use a program like SlumpED and remember which thing the monitor it replaces you can most probably figure out how to do it from there but if the monitor does not replace something, i'm not able to help-but when you want to have the effects of this WAD in your map it makes sence to put both the WAD and your map into slumped to get them to go together as one file. If this was of no use then sorry for wasting your time

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm, let me see.....

01. 1.09.4 has the old match
02. 1.09.4 has different skills
03. 1.09.4 has the old ctf
04. 1.09.4 has SRB2 Riders
05. 1.09.4 has Acid Missle
06. 1.09.4 has The Mystic Realm
07. 1.09.4 is easier to beat
08. 1.09.4 is easier to make maps
09. 1.09.4 has Red Volcano Zone 1 as a secret
10. 1.09.4 has splitscreen 1 and 0

Pwned...
11. 1.09.4 has SRB2JTE
Super Pwned...
Agent Hack said:
So does 2.0 (i think)
No. 2.0 has absolutly no SPLITSCREEN command. The only thing that 2.0 beats 1.09.4 at is...
12. 2.0 has the CHARABILITY command.
Still...1.09.4 is in the lead.

(quoted previous points)
I would advise you to read D00D64's retort on all ten of these points.

11. 1.09.4 has SRB2JTE
Super Pwned...
SRB2JTE is dead. Most of the things that were in it either have been or are being ported. Not to mention that attitude like this is what killed it in the first place...

No. 2.0 has absolutly no SPLITSCREEN command.
Well, I'm sorry that you like to cheat your way through the game by abusing things like that.

With that said, get back on topic, people. No more hijacking this thread to get on your soapbox and rant about how good/bad 2.0 is.

OK...
I haven't tried it yet. Let me try it first.
Now...
It's like SMV2 but easier to spawn. I like it. It will go for a great combination with SMV3.wad.

Last edited:
Nice item. Could come in handy for a super battle that's part of the storyline or something, you know, like, a zoom tube launches you into it at the start of the level or something? Ideas... you gotta love 'em.

FuriousFox,i´m sorry but your WAD makes 0 Effect in Version 2.00.4 because :

1.MapThingNum with -1 is only used to Weapons(Match,Tag,CTF and Hide and Seek) and Missiles.

2.No Maps with these Monitor.

-Sugestion : Next time in Demo 2.00.5, please change MapThingNum to Normal Monitor of Ring.If you do this,there´s more chances of SRB2 Character becomes Super.
THAT's because you're supposed to either devmode and put it in yourself, or make your own maps with it.

I'm completely unable to open any of the stages with my editor, so would anyone mind uploading a file in which the super ring monitors are replace with the super monitor?

Last edited:
Here's one thing I found out about this wad, when using SMV2.wad(it associates with this thats why I'm posting this in here) it creates the Supermonitor as the circle afterthok thing but it stays there. Only thing is that this happens only when using SF94 other than that it's okay with everything else.

What I like is how it unleashes each character's secret super form, and if the character can't turn super it still turns them yellow. I love that! Although, you wouldn't have had to make this if STjr never made Sonic the only character capable of turning super...

^= Bump...
And it doesn't "unleash" anything. Every character DOES go super... Well, In multiplayer gametypes (excluding co-op).

I guess STJr didn't want more supers other than sonic, was well because in the sonic world EVERYONE can turn super. I guess you can say it gets out of hand....but that is also the problem if EVERYONE can turn super why not let them?
it gives character makers their chance to make their character look overpowered as ever!..........wait.....

Wait what? Not everyone in the Sonic world can go super, only (or at least, USUALLY) hedgehogs can. Tails & Knuckles were only effected by Super Sonic's aura at Sonic Heroes, they didn't really go super...

Knuckles goes super in Sonic 3 and Knuckles,
Tails goes super with the Super Emeralds in Sonic 3 and knuckles,
Blaze goes super (although she's called "Burning Blaze") in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush: Adventure.
So yes, the majority of Sonic characters that can go super are Hedgehogs, but other characters can go super as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back