[Open Assets] Super Monitor - Usable for custom mods & vanilla!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
I got bored, and I remembered how popular was the super monitor back in 2.0

DefiantUnconsciousDromedary.gif

(Yes, I used Motor's Chuckles to excuse myself for my past attempts of drawing Sylveon.)
(There's also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXA0N_bOiA&feature=youtu.be)

So I decided to make mine. (Not a shitty 2.0 port.)
When the player touches the monitor, it gets the seven match emeralds, 50 Rings an turns super.

There are two different files avaiable in the .rar:

The first one, supermonitorreplace replaces the vanilla invincibility monitor by the Super Monitor.
This allows people to play "vanilla" while still being able to find the monitor in-game.

The second one, supermonitormod has the super monitor set to a new Object, with a thing number of 756.
This allows it to be used within custom mods.
For the sake of modification, I've put explanations about some states to make modding it easier.

I allow anyone to use it for any purpose, as long as the first lines of the MAINCFG are included in their's.

DOWNLOAD MIRROR:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bpq7px90aocdsoz/supermonitor21.rar

Glitches / issues:

The only one I saw so far is so music not changing. But well, this is not a problem as it avoids having to lose time setting back our music to the normal one.

Attachments

• supermonitor21.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,777
Last edited:
Wow, I really missed the SMVX.wad after 2.0 in 2.1 (I also tried to make it... but cannot because I am not a good SOCcer...)

I'm suprised you didn't use a modified version of my hyper monitor code to play the super animation, too. Oh well... nonetheless, it's still good for the guys who want to become super rather than hyper from my monitors mod.

I'm suprised you didn't use a modified version of my hyper monitor code to play the super animation, too. Oh well... nonetheless, it's still good for the guys who want to become super rather than hyper from my monitors mod.

You do realize this SOC is older than yours, right?

Well, yeah... but I can't help but find this... how do I put it, strange without the super transformation when you break the monitor. Just something about that just seems odd to me. Like I said, as long as it's functional, it's still good enough whether Lat' updates this to have the transformation animation or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back