[Open Assets] Item respawn in co-op

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_house

Also known as TemporaryAl
Here's a simple Lua script to bring back ring, coin and monitor respawn in Co-op.

It adds two commands:
"respawnitemcoop" <boolean> lets you turn item respawn in coop on or off.
"respawnitemcooptime" <integer> lets you choose the desired respawn time (when collecting rings/coins, remember that respawn time starts after the sparkles disappear).

The script is pretty heavy, so it will probably cause lag on larger levels with a lot of rings and/or monitors, such as AGZ.

EDIT:Reverted to a simpler check that, while allowing some rings to not respawn under certain extreme conditions, keeps the game actually playable in mid-sized levels.

Attachments

• respawnitemcoop.lua
    7.4 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
I don't get why this was removed in the first place.
One thing I noticed is that Mario coins don't respawn, you should add that in, and maybe the weapons as well.

It should work with Mario coins too, now. Also, a couple gifs have been added.
As for weapons, if you mean weapon panels/ammo, that's not really a feature I'm interested in as I never find myself using ringslinger in co-op, but anyone is free to add that.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's brought back officially in 2.2. I hate how it's gone, it's unnecessary. Cheats, I can somewhat understand, but even then not so much because it's an optional feature that's off by default. But item respawn? That's almost necessary. It's impossible to beat the Mystic Realm Zone online if you're behind even one person without item respawn.

Gregory, y'know, this sure helps a lot, specially in maps like ERZ or AGZ but....... you could make the respawn time have a limit, since i discovered that 2000 rings respawning in the same second causes 2 FPS in my notebook. .-.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Gregory, y'know, this sure helps a lot, specially in maps like ERZ or AGZ but....... you could make the respawn time have a limit, since i discovered that 2000 rings respawning in the same second causes 2 FPS in my notebook. .-.

Oh by the way, my notebook is not the best, but i normally play in OGL with Jeck's MD2s and i get 20-32 FPS .-.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Hopefully it's brought back officially in 2.2. I hate how it's gone, it's unnecessary. Cheats, I can somewhat understand, but even then not so much because it's an optional feature that's off by default. But item respawn? That's almost necessary. It's impossible to beat the Mystic Realm Zone online if you're behind even one person without item respawn.

Uhh buddy, is there a Mystic Realm Zone in SRB2?

'cause i dont remember that. Also, didn't you mean Aerial Garden Zone? Or something like that?

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Oh by the way, my notebook is not the best, but i normally play in OGL with Jeck's MD2s and i get 20-32 FPS .-.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Uhh buddy, is there a Mystic Realm Zone in SRB2?

'cause i dont remember that. Also, didn't you mean Aerial Garden Zone? Or something like that?

He’s referring to the final zone in Mystic Realm where the player turns into Super Sonic and must rush to the Eggman boss while still maintaining super form by grabbing rings. It’s basically like the Doomsday Zone from Sonic 3&K.

Since the rings don’t respawn in co-op, it becomes a race against death to even attempt to get a hit in on Eggman. I eventually said screw it and gave everyone 20 starting lives and reluctantly restarted the level so we could beat the level by simply getting a hit in and dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back