Shovel Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
So, I know I'm not the only one going through Specter of Torment right now.

I liked Plague of Shadows, but god damn; they really cranked shit up to eleven this time around. Not sure what I like more, how drastically the levels have changed or the new soundtrack that goes with it.

I beat SoT and it's New Game + just a day or two ago; I nearly skipped it this time around, but they changed up how health worked and that convinced me to give it a go. Right now I'm going through the original again in Coop with my brother (since that's no longer a Wii U exclusive), it's really been reminding me of how solid the game as a whole is.

I nearly skipped it this time around, but they changed up how health worked and that convinced me to give it a go.

The only thing I don't like about New Game's health system is that it forces you to play very conservatively with Curios. Not that that's even a bad thing, but I thought the constant drainage would encourage speedrunning, which some of the Curios are good for, and for the most part this isn't the case. It does place an interesting value in killing enemies and controlling your pacing, so I guess it's good for changing your mindset about how you play through the levels in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back