SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Pac-Man Details »»
Pac-Man
Developer Last Online: Sep 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 02-24-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

My first character wad, Originally created out of bordem in an attempt to replicate his feel and gameplay from the Pac-Man World trilogy. After about a whole year (and this day of my typing being PMW2's anniversary) I am deciding to submit it here and see how it fares.

- Pac-Man has 4 hit points, the fourth hit means death. Refill your life by collecting ring monitors by one point.
- Press the spin key to perform the Butt-Bounce, the third bounce will spring you up to even greater heights!
- Unlike other characters, Pac-Man will take damage if gets hit while charging the Rev-Roll. Also unlike other characters, Pac-Man can't actually roll manually if he's carrying any momentum.

I probably would have given him actual custom sprites but I wanted to focus more on the gameplay and coding, What with me currently busy with college and all. Also included is a "cosmetic" WAD that will change all the rings to Pac-Dots along with adding a different invincibility tune.

Download

Apparently Pac will use placeholder sprites in match while turning Super (because I never intended him to have a super form to begin with) along with the fact he can't change color but please note I wanted this to a singleplayer addon first and foremost. I may update this in the future if enough people want it though.

CREDITS:
"Lat"
MotorRoach
CobaltBW
MotdSpork
Sapheros
Demnyx Onyxfur [9/30/18 revision]

UPDATE: 8/30/18
Demnyx Onyxfur made some touches to my WAD and gave me permission to release it. The most notable feature is Pac-Man now has a stylized dedicated health bar visualized just like the Pac-Man World games. Ring monitors also will now display health wedges if you are playing as Pac-Man.

Download Now

File Type: zip pacmansrb2.zip (1,023.6 KB, 218 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	1399
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	12375   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.png
Views:	1121
Size:	491.9 KB
ID:	12376   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	905
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	12377  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 03-22-2018   #2
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Welcome to Releases!
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018   #3
dany777
Cute/Kawaii character Lover

I think you need to fix the sprites from the back, its like they are playing backwards
dany777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018   #4
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany777 View Post
I think you need to fix the sprites from the back, its like they are playing backwards
Talk about food for thought!
Old 04-01-2018   #5
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Haven't even tested it yet but I already love it! Pac-Man World 2 is literally my favorite namco game of all time!
Old 08-30-2018   #6
MarioNumberOne

UPDATE: Friend of mine added some new touches to this wad a while back, Asked permission to release it.

See the changelog above for more details.
MarioNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote