SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Chaos 0 Details »»
Chaos 0
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 03-01-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Characters Re-Useable Content

Chaos 0 is ready to wash out the competition!

After last being seen in 2.0 I've finally got my 2.1 port of Chaos out (with Chrispy's permission of course), but it seems different this time.

Chaos has some neat new tricks up it's sleeves in order to cope with being in this new version!

- Chaos starts off weak, but each Chaos Emerald collected now passively boosts it stats! The difficulty of the game is totally dependent on exactly how many emeralds you collect and how fast you get them!

- Being submerged makes Chaos move faster and jump higher than other characters as well as being able to stay underwater indefinitely (Since it would be weird for a being made of water to drown). This makes Chaos a great pick for Singleplayer/Cooperative levels with lots of water like Deep Sea Zone or to add an interesting twist to Multiplayer levels like Tidal Palace.

- Chaos has both the Double Jump and Glide/Climb air abilities, you can get to areas that other characters with only either ability can get to! But you can only use them one at a time, you can switch the ability you want to use with the Custom 1 Button. Beware though, you can't change back to the ability you had for thirty seconds so make your switch count!

Chaos comes in both transparent and solid flavors, each of which come with custom sounds or default SRB2 sounds. While transparent is cool I should warn you, Don't use the transparent ones if you have ColorBlend added! THE GAME WILL CRASH!

There is also a file for glide and climb sounds, I originally tried to make them work for only Chaos but the script got moody and laggy with that, so it gives all Gliding characters gliding and climbing sounds.

Credits:
Chrispy - Made the original character wad all the way back in 1.09!

Senku - Ported the character to 2.0 which I built off of.

Download Now

File Type: rar Chaos 0.rar (278.5 KB, 3129 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20012.png
Views:	5950
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	12390   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20013.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	12391   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20014.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	12392   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20006.gif
Views:	6213
Size:	7.63 MB
ID:	12393  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 03-07-2018   #2
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Welcome to Releases!

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018   #3
GreenKnight9000

This is gonna be Chaotic!
Old 03-08-2018   #4
Snowy
PersistantRubine

Hiya! This is a pretty fun port, and I do enjoy what is there.

Though I sorta feel I should suggest some other possible stuff- Such as making it's spin maybe a sort of 'retreat' like it going into the watery form was shown as in the adventure games.
IE: Instead of a spindash charging, it causes the puddle sprite, which then shrinks and vanishes, letting him hide and recover; but once it's released, he hops up from the ground (Quickly) and deals damage to whatever is above him.

Another idea could be changing the glide to a 'swim' of sorts when under water, letting Chaos 0 swim about slowly instead of gliding slowly while going about under da sea.

Just my two cents, still a good port!
Old 03-12-2018   #5
Chrispy

Great work! Hard to believe some of my old wads are still floating around the SRB2 community, I never dreamed my assets would live on this long.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018   #6
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Great work! Hard to believe some of my old wads are still floating around the SRB2 community, I never dreamed my assets would live on this long.
WOAH!
Chrispy, you're back from the dead! (And your wads have always been a fan favourite <3)
Old 03-13-2018   #7
Chrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
WOAH!
Chrispy, you're back from the dead! (And your wads have always been a fan favourite <3)
The new 2.2 trailer brought me back from the dead
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018   #8
Jacy
Now with less viruses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Hiya! This is a pretty fun port, and I do enjoy what is there.

Though I sorta feel I should suggest some other possible stuff- Such as making it's spin maybe a sort of 'retreat' like it going into the watery form was shown as in the adventure games.
IE: Instead of a spindash charging, it causes the puddle sprite, which then shrinks and vanishes, letting him hide and recover; but once it's released, he hops up from the ground (Quickly) and deals damage to whatever is above him.

Another idea could be changing the glide to a 'swim' of sorts when under water, letting Chaos 0 swim about slowly instead of gliding slowly while going about under da sea.

Just my two cents, still a good port!
Those are great ideas! I'll see if I can actually make them work and I'll be sure to credit you for them if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Well even by 1.09.4 standards your creations were really damn good, so of course they survived for as long as they have.
Old 03-15-2018   #9
Najacat

It says the .zip is damaged :(
Najacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018   #10
Jacy
Now with less viruses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najacat View Post
It says the .zip is damaged :(
What program are you using for it? The file is a .rar file so you need to use 7-Zip, WinRar, or another program that can open .rar files to extract the wads.
Old 09-07-2018   #11
Ezehot52
that guy sometimes models

Default żAny help?

i download the file i open it with winrar and says wath the file is damage, help?
Code:
btw, i made a md2 specialy for the wad.
Old 09-08-2018   #12
Jacy
Now with less viruses

I've seen this issue with other people, for some reason certain versions of Winrar won't extract the files correctly, try downloading the most recent version of Winrar and try it again. If that doesn't work I'll reupload the file to see if that's the issue.

(Also, to everyone who might still be waiting on an update for this wad, I am still working on it. Life stuff has just kind of been happening that is leaving me with less time to work on it, but I am getting it done. I hope to have it finished soon.)