Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358480,00.asp

So I saw the price of the thing here and was actually quite surprised, because that's damn cheap for a tablet.

Then I realised that it's a big iPhone, that has pretty poor specs and only runs iPhone apps and special apps for the iPad.

Hardly exhilarating, some will probably still be all "OMG SEX YES" though.

I think I'll stick with my 800mhz Windows tablet, at least it runs stuff.

Then I realised that it's a big iPhone, that has pretty poor specs and only runs iPhone apps and special apps for the iPad.

I would have gone on a huge rant were it not for that statement. Also, I believe Apple's version of the "tablet pc" is pathetic.

At the beginning of Computer Lab yesterday, my classmates and I were jeering at the iPad. Even the Apple guy (has a MacBook Pro, iPhone) hated it. We then proceeded to make fun of it ("an iPad with a keyboard plugged in is a laptop! ...A very useless laptop"). Honestly, I was expecting them to have a full-blown OS X system on there, but noooo, they clearly weren't thinking this through, and instead they opted for an uninspired interface ripped directly from the iPhone (they didn't even increase the number of items on the Home screen).

Also:
nUtZK.jpg

It would've been GREAT if Apple released a full-fledged OS X tablet -- and IMO, the responsible thing to do. If you're gonna introduce the tablet concept to the Mac fanboys and clueless consumers, you may as well do it right.

I'm just SO pissed off that Apple didn't do that, as a fanatical tablet PC user. These things are so great for taking notes -- I've got my entire school notebook on here -- and I want a tablet laptop in every person's possession. And Apple decides to respond with an oversized iPhone? liek omg wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back