A little suggestion about forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellHawkX

I think you still should be able to check forum when you get banned,It's really annoying that you can't visit the site to download new stuff,and instead you have to download them from server,or you just have to wait until you are unbanned so you can download the file,since some files are too big to download from server,sure i can last 2 weeks,3 weeks but what if the person is banned for 1 year? he won't be able to check out forum to download new stuff :\

Turn off the remember me function before you decide to be a moron and you can view while banned... unless it was stupidity severe enough to warrant IP-bans.

I was banned before for being unactive, Would that get me an IP Ban? Because I couldn't view the forums then.

You could just, you know, not get yourself banned. It would save everyone a lot of trouble.

Since when are people banned for being unactive here?
Since never. I have no idea what he's talking about.

If you delete your cookies, you can view the forums while you're banned, unless you evaded and forced us to ban you via IP address.

You could just, you know, not get yourself banned. It would save everyone a lot of trouble.
There's also this. Temporary bans are supposed to serve as a warning that you're not doing the right thing. They're not supposed to be a minor annoyance. If you're getting banned repetitively, just maybe you might want to try changing your behavior instead of whining about it.

Mystic, you could always reset your router. My IP changes like every day. :p
(I have like 100 IPs, no lie)

@SpiritCrusher - I agree with you.
Ever since this infraction thing took place, a ban before is just an infraction now.

:O

@SpiritCrusher - I agree with you.
Ever since this infraction thing took place, a ban before is just an infraction now.
Well, that seems to depend on two things:

1. How stupid is your offense?
2. How did you behave in the past? (Just note how the creator of this thread got banned again. I don't even know what for...)

My old name was Noodles112, and when I logged on, it said I was banned forever. It didn't have a reason, and I don't remember doing anything bad, so I assumed it was for Unactivity.

It might have been from the conversion from phpbb2 to Vbulletin. I do remember it banning some people for no reason, but hell if I am going to remember who is banned or not. At least you came forward with the info.

Easier said then done.

Not hard, you mean? Unless you're being an idiot, you're not going to get banned. Notice how a lot of us have no infractions? (Yes, admins can get infractions, thank you very much, the only rule that doesn't apply is no backseating.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back