What's next, Sonic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TrueTenguMan said:
super said:
Right then, We have had the Arabian nights, then the medieval times, I'm guessing then (Since my space Idea got blow out off the water) the next one would be based in ancient Japan, you know, dragons and stuff like that.

Nah, I have my hopes up for greece.

EDIT: Maybe china, since they have interesting myths too.
A western. Sonic and the Bandits of Western Square.

Well, it's no secret that the Sonic series has been a train-wreck lately, and maybe the series itself has run out of steam. But still, I have to tell any naysayers to pump their brakes, because I still think the series can get back on track. And I have just the idea.

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The most revolutionary on-rails game ever.

hehehe, very good Omega.
Maybe they will do a Sonic MMO, actually forget I ever said that.

Shane said:
But seriously, every game should follow Capcom's example with MegaMan 9. Seriously, I'm not joking this time.
Why? So they can ruin the classic games too?

Chrispy said:
Shane said:
But seriously, every game should follow Capcom's example with MegaMan 9. Seriously, I'm not joking this time.

......he ment going back to the classic ways than the crappy gameplay we have now my friend.

TrueTenguMan said:
Chrispy said:
Shane said:

......he ment going back to the classic ways than the crappy gameplay we have now my friend.

Uh no, did you see Sonic 1 GBA?

What else could Sega do to our classics!

That's not what he was talking about. That was just a shitty port that came out around the time that SEGA was best at making shitty games.

What he means is a brand new Sonic game done completely in the style of the old Sonic games; the artwork, music, physics, and everything would make it seem like Sonic was still in his Genesis days, but it would be a whole new game with brand new levels and bosses and whatnot. A Sonic 4, so to speak.

Blue Warrior said:
That's not what he was talking about. That was just a shitty port that came out around the time that SEGA was best at making shitty games.

What he means is a brand new Sonic game done completely in the style of the old Sonic games; the artwork, music, physics, and everything would make it seem like Sonic was still in his Genesis days, but it would be a whole new game with brand new levels and bosses and whatnot. A Sonic 4, so to speak.

It wasn't a port, it was made up from scratch.

If they do this, I have a bad feeling they may fail at it.

They need to take a look at srb2 and do something like that. With an engine with awesome graphics. Or something along those lines.....

I don't really understand why you people are suggesting that the next Sonic game will be in the Storybook saga. Sega keeps to a fair system of releasing a game that is canon to the franchise (or however you put it) first, and then releasing something from the Storybook spin-off series. (i.e. Sonic 06, followed by Secret Rings, then Unleashed followed by Black Knight)

I guess this would probably be because no one, at this point, can really predict what Sega would do next that would be considered canon to the franchise, so we all just go around suggesting what fairy tale or bedtime story world Sonic will venture into next.

Hmm, well Sonic's already used the sword gimmick, so that cancels out something samurai-related, unless Sega wants to try and fix what they did wrong in Black Knight, so frankly I'm at a loss for ideas, now. I'll check back later.

Chisuun said:
I don't really understand why you people are suggesting that the next Sonic game will be in the Storybook saga. Sega keeps to a fair system of releasing a game that is canon to the franchise (or however you put it) first, and then releasing something from the Storybook spin-off series. (i.e. Sonic 06, followed by Secret Rings, then Unleashed followed by Black Knight)

I guess this would probably be because no one, at this point, can really predict what Sega would do next that would be considered canon to the franchise, so we all just go around suggesting what fairy tale or bedtime story world Sonic will venture into next.

Hmm, well Sonic's already used the sword gimmick, so that cancels out something samurai-related, unless Sega wants to try and fix what they did wrong in Black Knight, so frankly I'm at a loss for ideas, now. I'll check back later.
First two paragraphs: Exactly. There's no knowing what Sonic will do next.

I still say Sonic and the Bandits of Western Square..... The next one's got to be a Western. That or Greek.

Chisuun said:
Okay, this one's kind of awkward and might not fit well, but...

The Stone Age?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!!

Wow...Wow.... That's too much. I'm sorry, that was hilarious. No way in heck will Sonic go to the land of even older dinos.

No.... SEGA can't be that stupid..... Could they?

GREG THE CAT said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!!

Wow...Wow.... That's too much. I'm sorry, that was hilarious. No way in heck will Sonic go to the land of even older dinos.

Well, not the intended reaction, but I told you it was a horrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back