(Match, Tag) Castle Tower Zone (mt_castletowerzone.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
So, here it is.
If you guys like it, I'll make a CTF version. :)
srb20011.png

A look from a steeple
----------
srb20012.png

Staring up at the clouds
----------
srb20013.png

Looking down on the foothold
----------
The link!
I hope you enjoy many a match.
-Tap

Long time no see, my friend. :)

As touching as this reunion is, unfortunately this level isn't that good at all. First off, it's cramped as hell, with only about 20 rings in the entire level and an infinity ring which I scrambled to get, the water does not have a colormap. There is also auto-bomb, which fails in levels like this, because they shoot fast and frequently, and is extremely overpowered because of the maps tiny size. Yeah. Learn from the official SRB2 match maps, see how they play, how they work, then come back to this and try again.

Hope this helps. :)

Auto-Bomb- Hmn, maybe Bomb-Rail or Auto-Rail. Which one? I'm leaning towards A-R.
Rings- As I expand the level, more rings will come in use. :)
Water- Woops, I knew I forgot something. Will fix for next release.
Thanks for the comments, GCFreak. Long time no see :)

Tapika the fox said:
Auto-Bomb- Hmn, maybe Bomb-Rail or Auto-Rail. Which one? I'm leaning towards A-R.
I'd rather go with Bomb-Rail. Auto-Rail is more of an "Auto-Fail" to some people. :P But I wouldn't use Rail at all if you were going to keep the map a bit roomy, but not enough space to use rail successfully, as in being able to take cover from a rail ring about to be shot at them.

Woa, you're alive!
It's been a long time huh?

Anyway, the map isn't just cramped, the map is also small. And small and cramped are hardly a good combination.
This map could've been made in just 15 minutes.
But that's okay, if you put some effort into it, this could be a fun map to play with.

Umm... Tapika, I don't mind to be rude but, it's too small, like Power Pyramid. Some Level Design 101 reading and some time can make a good map.

And Moonlander, your Golden Ruins mod was good and fun, is the new version going fast on the progress? If you release your next version, put it in a permanent download link, okay?

moonlander said:
Woa, you're alive!

Same with you. Where the heck have you been? I haven't seen you at all, even when I was a stalker of the fourms. ANyways, i'll download and give a review.

Oh crap, it IS small. X.X
I need some help with enlarging it. I don't know how, and I need some ideas.
I can upload the latest with FOFs over the central piece if anyone wants to help me.

SRB2 Guy said:
moonlander said:
Woa, you're alive!

Same with you. Where the heck have you been? I haven't seen you at all, even when I was a stalker of the fourms. ANyways, i'll download and give a review.

Actually, I've been visiting this place every now and then, but I never really posted.
But let's stay on topic.

Tapika, resizing a map isn't all that hard, just stretching a little would do this map good.
Oh, and add other areas to it. Just a castle top with some towers is kind of boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back