Finally! A non-recolor Darkspine Sonic!(Darkspine-sonic.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

I was just getting sick of seeing all of the failing recolored attempts at making Darkspine Sonic! So I made my own. :P

Download link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=1e852bb40c104ba4d4acd2d2b357efd1

And now for screenies to prove that this is my own creation:

srb20059ji3.png
srb20061aj0.png

srb20062bi9.png
srb20063ap4.png

Let the criticism begin!

Now this is a cool character wad. It's not often I see cool ones these days, nice job :D.

Darkspine? Superform? ololololol. Darkspine pretty much is a Super form himself. Except he's not invincible. Or uber fast. And he doesn't have uberjump. *shot*

I'm glad this is doing so well. Considering this is the first hedgehog character I've ever drawn for SRB2.

Re: Finally! A non-recolor Darkspine Sonic!(Darkspine-sonic.

zck2020 said:
Let the criticism begin!

1) Rapid-Homing thok. Just no.
2) It's another Sonic. I uh... Think Sonic is being used to much. Recolor or not, I'm tired of seeing hedgehogs.
3) Super of a Super? If you're going to give him super (for super levels, of coarse) make it the same color as normal.

Shading is sexy, nice shape, so-on and so-forth.

But still... He only has, like, 2 walking frames, two running frames, and two spinning frames. He might as well be a superform. Part of the thing about making a character means taking time to actually make all the different frames. If you're just making it to show everybody up, that's not going to motivate you to put a nice and large chunk of time into it. Consider your motives before starting a project again, please.

BlueZero4:

Though it is true there are less frames used in this than an average character wad, but, he is technically a super form. Ergo he floats, and ergo less frames. And there is a decent number of spinning frames. I do have other things to do than just sprite all day, considering that these spties did take all day. That also means that I did put quite a bit of effort & time into this.

On Edge:

1) I like the rapid homing thok, and this is my character wad, so, I don't care.
2) The title of the game is Sonic Robo Blast 2.
3) No comment.

If you're using his "being a super form" as an excuse to just not make sprites, why isn't he a superform in the first place?

zck2020 said:
On Edge:

1) I like the rapid homing thok, and this is my character wad, so, I don't care.
2) The title of the game is Sonic Robo Blast 2.
3) No comment.

1.) Multi-homing thok is a bit over-powered for fast characters, and saying "Its mine, so I don't care" is basicly saying you can't take criticism.
2.) That doesn't mean we need One Trillion versions of Sonic.
3.) Again, an example saying you can't take criticism.

1) I can take criticism, that's why I'm not bitching about it.
2) Would you rather have one trillion recolors of Sonic? Or one trillion origional wads of Sonic. This is the only hedgehog character I've made.
3) No, I literally had nothing to say in response to On Edge's third statement.

BlueZero4:

I don't know. :P There, I'll say it. I screwed up in that sense. Happy? And to tell the truth I barely know the backstory to Darkspine Sonic. I was just sick of the tons of failing recolors being made of him.

oh crap! i gotta pay more attention! >_<

i accidentally pressed the report button when i meant to press the download button! yell at me as long and loud as you want please! i really am such an idiot sometimes...

also i need a way to talk to the supersanctuary site immediately, so i can tell them i pressed the button on mistake! please! i'll do anything! i'll even take the brunt of a nuclear bomb explosion right about now... *puts hands in face in a fit of frustration* ugh....i'm a retard...

zck2020 said:
2) Would you rather have one trillion recolors of Sonic? Or one trillion origional wads of Sonic.
What's the difference? They are all esetially the same thing. Just the recolors can be much more of an eye sore. And it's impossible to have an "origional" Sonic wad since, well, Sonic has already been made. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back