Suggestions

Could there be a Sonic Adventure Perfect Chaos battle?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

And maybe each character could have there own story like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic And Knuckles.

I suggest(Not the perfect Chaos Battle from Sonic Adventure) making each character go to their own levels or each side of the level example:

If i was a developer i would make:

Deep Sea Act 1(TS:Tails Side)

Instead of making the only thing diferent about them is their stats and abillities.

But im not sure if this suggestion would be good because:

Consequences:

.The Story will sound weird.

.To make the story less weird each level will need cutscenes that way.
And that will not work well in srb2 right?

So about the whole story Idea will be a bad Idea.

Last edited:
How about some way to mod Ring weapons via SOCs, was experimenting with those and realized it isn't possible.

Here is another modding feature suggestion for SRB2.

Allow for mod creators to use Boom's C_START and C_END lumps in their wads to define custom colormaps, which could be used as a texture instead of the current hex value method, which would be able to result in much more spread out effects, such as gradients with more than two points.

Funnily enough, I think that might have actually been a feature in SRB2 once actually (could be wrong). I know one function in r_data.c still refers to C_START/C_END, but I don't think they have much effect in-game because of the colormap linedef special. It may be just a matter of adding the support to said linedef, maybe.

There was an old WAD editor that liked complaining when there were zero maps in the IWAD, but I believe Mystic (who is generally one of the last holdouts on everything) stopped using it thanks to moving to a new PC (or hard drive? I forget what exactly) so we could probably drop it.

(But it's not something that matters enough to actively go out of our way to change, I guess.)

A few things I'd like to see to make gamepad support easier:

A way to access the main menu by using the gamepad (maybe allow users to assign a key for Main Menu under Misc Controls?)

A way to back out of menus by using the gamepad (Currently, A and X on my 360 controller both act as OK buttons. A is Jump, X is Spin. I feel like A should be OK, and X or B should be Back. Maybe it could be set up so that the Jump key advances, and Spin key backs out of a menu?)

Enable Analog mode by default when using a gamepad

Face the camera the same direction as the player when spawning when using Analog mode

Allow the player to turn the camera with an analog stick

Last edited:
A few things I'd like to see to make gamepad support easier:

A way to access the main menu by using the gamepad (maybe allow users to assign a key for Main Menu under Misc Controls?)

A way to back out of menus by using the gamepad (Currently, A and X on my 360 controller both act as OK buttons. A is Jump, X is Spin. I feel like A should be OK, and X or B should be Back. Maybe it could be set up so that the Jump key advances, and Spin key backs out of a menu?)
You can relax a little about the menu-related things I quoted. I have worked on making all menu controls customizable in general (specifically for the sake of gamepads, but of course it works with keyboard/mice too), and it works really well (outdated video)... but it's a "big" menu change, so it's not going in 2.1.X. But I'll do my best to update it quickly and submit it for vanilla inclusion again once 2.2 arrives.

Addressing the first issue, there can only be on Super Sonic in match and that is soon going to be removed. Super Sonic will only be available in Co Op and SP. Addressing the second one, just make one yourself

The stuff I thought about is more oriented to Lua modding stuff than vanilla gameplay itself.

• A Lua HUD hook that allows disabling/overriding the intermission screen with custom drawings.
    • With this, a global variable that retrieves the current time left from inttime before starting a new map.
  • A Lua hook like ThinkFrame that, unlike ThinkFrame, it runs on all frames, including those where the game is paused and where the game is in the intermission screen. This would serve as something that runs alongside the intermission screen HUD hook to make animations in it or play sounds.
    • A global variable to tell if the intermission screen is being displayed.
  • Global variables to get the current team score.
  • A function to change team score.
  • Maybe floating values?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back