New Gametype Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
It was recently discussed that Tag might be taken out, leaving the total number of gametypes down to four (Not counting Team Match), which is embarassing. Talk of a BETTER Tag was going around for a short while. This thread is talk about what new kind of gametypes could be introduced to bring back the number of gametypes. Because Match can get boring after a while and you might not have enough people for CTF. :P

One variation of Tag I suggested was something like Gladiator from Timesplitters. The person who's IT gets to be all powerful, having all sorts of powerups or something. Anyone who can hit the person who's IT steals IT status and becomes powerful themselves.

Another idea is having CTF but with only one flag...you'd have to hold onto the flag for the longest amount of time possible to win. Another good Tag variation.

But enough about my ideas, DISCUSS

The tag mode could be like the "Virus" mode in timesplitters 2, you tag a person, and they team up with you, the players keep tagging other players until one is left standing..the winner.

I must say that was my favourite mode on the game. :P

Oh, I know!
INVERSE TAG!
Instead of not wanting to be it, this time, you wanna be it!
One person is it, and everybody is after that person. The person who is it gets 50 points each 30 seconds that he is it for. If he falls into a pit, somebody else becomes it. Basically, the objective is to hit the player who's it, so that you become it, and you have to run from people! The person who is it cant shoot rings. Also, if you try shooting at a player who isnt it, you lose points. :P
This would eliminate getting bored from hiding from the IT person, because in this variation, the majority is going for the 1 person. :P

Hmm, I always wanted to have a good setup for Hide and Seek...

If we could somehow have a setting for Tag that toggles player camera changing, and maybe having the IT person not have it, we could have an improved HnS
SRB2 game. Where it's actually good that you hide from the IT person.

Of course, I'm the only one who liked the HnS wads. So I wonder why I'm even saying this... :?

Hide and go seek tag can be fun on coop levels sometimes. I hope they do not take this mode out I like it.

I'd actually kind of like to see a real Hide n' Seek implemented into SRB2 myself. I liked Playah's maps, at least.

ree-c said:
The tag mode could be like the "Virus" mode in timesplitters 2, you tag a person, and they team up with you, the players keep tagging other players until one is left standing..the winner.

I must say that was my favourite mode on the game. :P

Agreed, a lot of people loved it. It was crazy. :P

This is kinda a dumb idea. But maybe a soccer mode, the players have CTF style teams and try to get a soccer ball thing into the opponents goal sector.

Honestly, though, if you'd like to play Hide and Seek, you can do that in Coop or Match just fine. Just load up the map, close your eyes, and let the fun begin.

Personally, the ONLY gametype I'd like to add is Circuit, which boils down to Race mode on a racetrack, with 5 laps around a Sonic-designed level. We don't need narrow, gimmicky gametypes in SRB2, honestly.

Mistic said:
Honestly, though, if you'd like to play Hide and Seek, you can do that in Coop or Match just fine. Just load up the map, close your eyes, and let the fun begin.

Honestly, though, the SRB2 HnS worked a bit differently than the "real" game. For one thing, we're supposed to change camera to the IT person when we're hiding, and the IT person isn't supposed to change cameras.
Match lacks cameras, so it really doesn't work with it. Coop works, but we sometimes have a bit of problems deciding who the heck is currently IT... and who knows if the IT person is legit?

... Hey, wait. We could try CTF... Doesn't that only let you change camera to another teammate? But then we'd lack different colors, the main "identification" for players...

Buh, whatever. I liked it. Nothing wrong with that. Not that HnS would ever have a chance of making it into the -offical- SRB2 executable...
Of course, I want Circuit too. So nyeh.

Way back around Demo 3, I think somebody had an idea of having a powerstone-like game mode in SRB2. Have chaos emerald in the level for each player, and if you can get them all you become super sonic until someone hits you, or something like that.

Mystic said:
Personally, the ONLY gametype I'd like to add is Circuit, which boils down to Race mode on a racetrack, with 5(*) laps around a Sonic-designed level. We don't need narrow, gimmicky gametypes in SRB2, honestly.

(*) Modifyable number.

=P

SSNTails said:
Way back around Demo 3, I think somebody had an idea of having a powerstone-like game mode in SRB2. Have chaos emerald in the level for each player, and if you can get them all you become super sonic until someone hits you, or something like that.
I believe I came up with something similar, where there are 7 emeralds, and the first person to obtain them all wins the game.

Honestly, though, I think gametypes like that are kinda narrow, and if the gametype is narrow, people won't play all that much. Unless we want to add 7 emeralds and Super Sonic into the normal Match, I'd say that's a bad idea.

How about something like Onslaught from UT2004? You know, huge outdoor maps, vehicles you can drive (which probably won't appear in SRB2), and two team bases, which you must establish a link to by capturing and fueling nodes scattered around the map, while attacking enemy-controlled nodes. Then, once you've connected a line of nodes to the opponent's base, you shoot their core until it runs out of life.

How about a system similar to CTF?

The setup requires a large map. Nine bases; three for each team. Each team has one flag. The object is to capture all enemy bases, or to have the most bases before time runs out. To capture an neutral base, stand within it's bounderies for 5 seconds. To capture an enemy base, you must stand on their base with their flag. There is a timer on each base. When opposing teams are on one base, the timer stops until there is only one person, or one team on the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back