"Casual" wads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never actually liked emerald city but house was a good memory from my childhood. thats why i liked it. now i dont really rp that much though.

Honestly, I'm starting to question your tastes. One of the reasons why SRB2 Hub got through while tyrcity, house23 and the like didn't is because the authors weren't even remotely trying to make it good.

I don't know what you are talking about when you mention "remotely trying". Back in the day when those two wads we're populer, I was part of the development of both of them. And those days we we're still quite new to SRB2 Builder. But we did work with what we had to our knowledge. And to be honest, those two wads we're both a great success. Even if they we're both not even finish.

Now the house.wad should of died years ago. The house wads was being worked on by so many developers as well. Before Emerald city came into the works. House16 was by far the most stable of the releases. After that release, the house series started going down hill. And HyperSonicJR kept adding more and more onto it, instead of fixing it. That one of the reasons why the House project just died. By memory, there was a House24 wad in the makes to improve what been pretty much messed up. But I left the project in the middle of it, and I believe HyperSonicJr lost motivation to carry on with it any longer.

As for Tyrcity, me and Kox we're discussing about it a few months ago. He was thinking of working on a release for 2.1. Not much more information about the project besides that it could still be in the works and be improved on as well.

But to add onto the topic, I never really thought as to why the release don't have any RP wads. I mean SF94 was an outstanding wad, and to my knowledge I don't think that wad has ever made it in the release sections. Most likely Sonic Freak 64 never even put it into submission either.

The reason why there are no casual/hangout maps in Releases is because nobody ever submits any.
I think the only reason why is because it's obviously against the rules towards RP stuff. And SRB2 2.1 is "still new". People have to reconfigure their Doom builders and even then, most RPers just want to sit around in a map doing nothing. SRB2 Hub had 2 different portions, with the game play portion being the best and only reason it's not shot down. In the game play portion, you can physically select what ever stage you want to go to, many different secrets around the hub, and the ability to turn into Super Sonic along with having 7 emeralds. Most of the RP maps are only good for match stages (*cough Emerald City, SRB2 City, Tyrcity cough*)

I mean SF94 was an outstanding wad, and to my knowledge I don't think that wad has ever made it in the release sections. Most likely Sonic Freak 64 never even put it into submission either.

Actually, SF94 had his own reasons for not submitting to the MS, as stated earlier in the thread. Given the quality of the addon though, I'd think it would get through Releases quite well, given the polish of most of it's content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back