Megaman 9[56k warning i think]

Status
Not open for further replies.
images.jpg

It has been around 11 years since Megaman 8. No matter how hard ANYONE cried, Capcom wouldn't develop Megaman 9. Pretty soon, it was clear that Megaman and Bass for the GBA was the closet we were going to get to Megaman 9. That changed a few weeks ago.

megaman9.jpg

Megaman 9 will be released for WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, and the Playstation network.

What I don't get is why make it look like 8 bit NES format again? Megaman 8 and 7 looked WAY better because the NES made Megaman kinda fat.

This was done for the people who originally grew up with the NES series. Since the NES days were classic Megaman's sharpest times, the return to 8-bit was done to appeal to the oldbies.

While practically every bit of the game is going to be 8bit, I recall there being mention of gameplay elements that can't be reproduced by an NES, so hopefully, this won't be "just another Megaman game".

I personally think this is an absolutely brilliant move, especially with the 8-bit graphics. Yes it would look better with more modern graphics, but intentionally choosing not to shows some artistic direction that could lead to brilliance.

Personally, I loved how, for instance, Pokemon D/P used a 3D engine yet intentionally made it look like a tiled original GB game. While it makes it look less impressive, it also looked really unique compared to everything else that was out at the time. A new 8-bit styled game will certainly look different from most new titles, that's for sure.

I personally liked the newer Megaman games than the classics, mainly because a 9 year old kid can do them(Took me a while to beat ZX on easy mode, Normal I haven't done yet, too hard X_X). Megaman 3 however, was my favorite megaman for it's level design.

Wikipedia said:
[edit] Robot Masters
Mega Man 9 will be the first Mega Man game to feature a female Robot Master.
Splash Woman

Hello! Well, now that the classic games are no longer sexist, they are finally perfect. Roll was the only female in the Classic series, and she just stood there looking pretty until MegaMan & Bass, where she only gossiped the enemies' weaknesses under the thin veil of a question mark. And yes I have played Megaman 1-8, Megaman & Bass, The X series up to X6, the Zero series, the Battle Network series, and Megaman Legends (Megaman 64). I haven't played the ZX series, because you play as a human in armor. I find that not in the Megaman Style, where you play as a Robot in some form (Volnutt was a Purifier-class Reaverbot). Anyway, back on topic, I can accept the classic series ending here at 9, due to the fact that "X" is the Roman numeral for "10".

Well it's about time that they started to revive the old Megaman games, and better yet, they've added a female boss. I am looking forward to this now that I was FINALLY able to get a Wii. :D

When I get my hands on another wii points card. thats gonna be first on my list. I had to travel to 5 diff. stores to get my last one (also my first).

So, they took back what they said. Megaman 9 is now for XBLA and PSN..Again. Also, at 1:12 of the trailer, megaman picks up a energy pack and then a shadow of him appears. Wonder what that was all about. Probably just a new ability. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back