Is this everything I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, yes, and no.

However, you'll find various C++ Programming tutorials elsewhere on the internet. Google is your friend!

For level-editing tutorials, it might be worthwhile checking the Editing section of the main SRB2 site first. The Wiki doesn't contain tutorials itself: it's more of a reference work.

Okay, I'll try reading some tutorials o the site.

btw, does C++ have anything to do with this game/this game's prgramming?

C is the programming language the actual game is programmed in. You won't need to know how to write C in order to make levels or characters. It may be necessary to do much larger mods, however.

To give you an idea, C was not necessary to make Mystic Realm.

If you just want to make a WAD, you don't even have to know what a source code is.

SOCcing on the other hand, requires a teency amount of programming knowledge to get SOCEdit to work (More specificially, you need to be able to point SOCEdit to a folder containing the source code, nothing special.)
You used to need the source code a little for using A_CustomPower, but then FF made us a neat little chart on SRB2Wiki.

All right. Well, I'll read the guides, that should help. Also, I'm going to be learning C++ soon.

That means I could make an srb3, right? (Like, take the existing program, modify it for the better, and give it to the makers of srb2 as the next version or something.)

If you were to somehow make an SRB3, it would be a good idea to not start on a 7+ year old engine.

Mystic said:
C is the programming language the actual game is programmed in. You won't need to know how to write C in order to make levels or characters. It may be necessary to do much larger mods, however.

To give you an idea, C was not necessary to make Mystic Realm.

I have an over 1,000 page 3D programming book called, 3D Game Programming All In 1... thank you amazon!

Ashovare said:
sonicfreak94 said:
I have an over 1,000 page 3D programming book called, 3D Game Programming All In 1... thank you amazon!

Is it a good book?

Would you give me the Link?
Draykon said:
A link to a book? When will you people realise that physical objects do not exist on the internet?

He didn't say a link to the book so for all you know It could have been a link to the amazon page where the book was bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back