Fixed The return of the color bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
So, I was playing a netgame awhile back and I saw this:
srb20199.png

Not only was his name colored, but he also had colored text, I am thinking he has a modified exe or something... :E

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you're wrong KO.T.E. It is just the return of the coloured text. The server has only to useconsfailprotect 10 and blamecfail on, then you can color your name, with the same code people used in 2.0.4.

[08:17] <@Inuyasha> also, the only reason colored names work now is because isprint(<0x80 and above>); is true on GCC but not on MSVC

For the C-illiterate, MSVC doesn't consider ASCII character codes above 127 printable, GCC does.

Ha, I knew Allen was going to appear on the mb sometime or other. XD
--------------
Does that mean colored text is still valid as a 'Bad Name Change', If those functions that ulrich stated are on?

...Maybe I'm trying too hard to stay on topic <_<

Last edited:
Heh... KO.T.E. He didn't modified exe. It's bug of normal EXE. If you use txt file with that symbol you will get ckick. But my brother and someone know how to do it.
It can be only blue, green or orange color. He just maked txt file.
Please here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?16pa1qya1jfxps5
If you my brother maked it for you For Example. When you exec it in Console you will rename to Blue name "KO.T.E".

Yep... It's true. I know how to do Colored name like Midbus said. I want ask... What will happend to Colored name users? They will get Banned from Master Server or what?

Why should they? I personally wouldn't do it because it's an idiotic attempt at being special, but I doubt it's ban-worthy.

EDIT: You just have to expect that I might not be possible in future versions.

I think it would be cool if a player could just pick their color name. In multiplayer-setup player.

It Wasent a Realy good idea to remove it, It was kinda of fun :(
1. What he was talking about was a multiplayer menu where you could select your color.
2. As this topic shows, it wasn't removed.
3. What's fun about having a colored name?

1. What he was talking about was a multiplayer menu where you could select your color.
2. As this topic shows, it wasn't removed.
3. What's fun about having a colored name?
I have No Idea Why they removed it, it was orginaly in Skulltag
and the bug only works on Win XP and only 3 colors works and its kinda fun using them :/.

SRB2 isn't based on Skulltag.

Can anybody actually tell me what's so fun about having a color in your name?
I always think it's a attempt someone to making another person jealous with the coloured name to try to feel "popular". I don't find it pretty awesome. It's also confusing if you turn you're name "Blue" if you're on the red team. I find it annoying, atleast they have a chance of getting C-kicked.

Ugh. Please. Everytime I see a colored name, they turn out to be very weak and/or n00bish. Nothing's fun about it, and some folks just loooove abusing it. To me, colored names helps you quickly determine who's the weakest or one of the weakest players. *cough* ALLEN's one of them. *cough*

Code:
Index: C:/Games/SRB2/sources/dev/_Trunk/src/d_netcmd.c
===================================================================
--- C:/Games/SRB2/sources/dev/_Trunk/src/d_netcmd.c    (revision 5956)
+++ C:/Games/SRB2/sources/dev/_Trunk/src/d_netcmd.c    (working copy)
@@ -884,8 +884,11 @@
     // Note: ANSI C isprint() considers space a printing character.
     // Also don't allow semicolons, since they are used as
     // console command separators.
+    
+    // Also, anything over 0x80 is disallowed too, since compilers love to
+    // differ on whether they're printable characters or not.
     for (ix = 0; name[ix] != '\0'; ix++)
-        if (!isprint(name[ix]) || name[ix] == ';')
+        if (!isprint(name[ix]) || name[ix] == ';' || (UINT8)(name[ix]) >= 0x80)
             return false;

// Check if a player is currently using the name, case-insensitively.

SRB2 isn't based on Skulltag.

Can anybody actually tell me what's so fun about having a color in your name?
Well... Yes Spirit... It's true. I am colored name and text user amd i don't know what is fun of colored name/text... I am not feeling better than others... I am just using it because I want show I can do something in SRB2... And It's impossible without color before I defeat best match players... Like LXShadow, Hinote, KO.T.E, Tyrzi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back