It's back... (SRB2 Mumble that is!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

Hello guys.

It has been awhile since I have posted on the MB, and since with the recent activity of SRB2 having a new release over a month ago, people on IRC want a voice chat server again and thus as of a few hours ago, I got a Mumble server up and running currently on SRB2.org. Hope to see you guys there!

Administrators

* Sonict (Head Admin)
* RedEnchilada
* Wolfy
* SonicX8000

Client Download:

Windows Client (1.2.5 Stable): http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.5/mumble-1.2.5.msi/download

Mac OS X Client (1.2.5 Stable): http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.5/Mumble-1.2.5.dmg/download

Linux Client (1.2.5 Stable): https://launchpad.net/~mumble/+archive/release

How to connect:

For the SRB2 Mumble server "address", use: srb2.org
Port is: 64738

Last edited:
Sweet! I'll try and be on as often as I can, VoIP is great.

Ah, Mumble. It's been a long time since I last used it. Hopefully we can get more users on it this time. I hope...

It isn't a free program. Mumble is an open source program and it has improved leaps and bounds since it was last mentioned here. It is great now. :)

nhcaDgr.png

It is a start at least. Hopefully more people will come again... :)

Update. We got 12 users on the server now. Nice. :D

JlF4uJ6.png

Last edited:
It's hardly changed at all since I first used it. I guess it's something, though. And TeamSpeak is perfectly free as long as you're fine with the user limit with a free server license (32) and hosting it yourself.

I would totally join, but my hate for mumble's UI (among other glaring issues) is going to keep me from doing so.

teamspeak master race

I am curious on what issues that you are finding with Mumble, SonicFreak94. You can customize the interface if you don't like where certain things are and such. If you enable the advance options, you can customize other stuff too

If you're not going to bother with it, there was no need to make a post here in the first place...we all try to be as friendly as possible, anyway. At least, I do. Speaking of which the Mumble is still down, Sonict.

I really feel like besides red team and blue team, there only needs to be a single room. Everyone in Off-Topic generally discusses SRB2 and any other thing as they please, and you can't really moderate that.

Our mumble population is way too small for us to warrant nearly as many rooms as we have now. Trying to segregate the server with our current rooms would just stifle discussion.

The only rooms we need are:

* CTF Blue 1
* CTF Red 1
* Offtopic (rename to "Room #1")
* Terminal Development Room (rename to "Room #2")
* Music Streaming
* AFK
* Admin Only

We could even just cut off everything that isn't AFK and Admin Only, and make our main discussion rooms Rm#1, Rm#2, Rm#3, and anyone who wanted to stream music or listen to it would just migrate to one of the rooms most appropriate at the time.

Last edited:
It'd probably be better if we just had one room with temporary channel creation allowed for anyone authenticated (which used to be possible in Off-Topic until around the time Sonict gave Wolfy and I admin privileges to mess around with our Terminal room), but I'd rather not mess with the setup currently there and get yelled at. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back