ANOTHER Nintendo DS called the DSiLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Link
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/02/dsi-xl-to-get-north-american-release-in-q1-2010/

Screenshot
73p2rk.jpg

-----
Ok... if it's the same as the DSi, but the difference is having bigger screens... then... hmm... what's the word.

Can't really say much, because someone on Youtube told me about this, and there is little that I know about this.

So... discuss.

Last edited:
I hear it's a Japanese only thing anyways, and I can't see it being that localized in the US/Europe/Wherever else.

And it says DSi LL right there :P

And the DSi just came out last spring.

I think it's ridiculous, but if it sells well, good for Nintendo, since that's what they need their products to do.

I hear it's a Japanese only thing anyways, and I can't see it being that localized in the US/Europe/Wherever else.

In the Link it said that it is going to get a North America Release in 2010, don't know about Europe, however.

Last edited:
In the Link it said that it is going to get a North America Release in 2010.

Which makes sense when you consider that America is one of the "biggest" countries in the world. If I can put any trust in Autosaver, weren't obese users the selling point of this?

If I can put any trust in Autosaver, weren't obese users the selling point of this?
...asdahdhsakagdh WHAT. What kind of sense does that make? I don't think fat people particularly need bigger screens - I was under the impression it was for the sake of the elderly and people who can't see that well anymore. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

Actually, I already knew this from my Japanese, (Okay, he married a Japanese woman) Algebra II teacher. Still, the Lite was the only needed rework of the DS IMO, now we have a i and a i LL, when will it end?

...asdahdhsakagdh WHAT. What kind of sense does that make? I don't think fat people particularly need bigger screens - I was under the impression it was for the sake of the elderly and people who can't see that well anymore. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.
This was the reasoning given by Nintendo. Remember that in Japan lots of older people own a DS, so the concept of a larger system does make sense.

Still seems like market over-saturation with all these DS models. I mean, if they made the system larger, why didn't they put the GBA slot back? There's clearly room.

I can't believe how people still whine about the GBA slot... :p lol

Anyways, the DSi LL isn't a big deal. It is coming to America. DSi to LL is like...

Stairs to elevators.

We had backward compatiable portables since the GBC, GBA, and we only started loosing it with the DS it self. Yes it's a big deal. Also the DSi's camera sucks.

I can't believe how people still whine about the GBA slot... :p lol

No GBA slot -> Unable to migrate Pokemon from Leaf Green, Fire Red, Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald.

Oh, and also people might want to play their GBA games sometimes, I had an Gameboy SP, but it's broken, but at least my friend let's me borrow his whenever I need to use it for Trading Pokemon via the GBA games, or when using the GBA/Gamecube Link Cable with the Gamecube. The DS Lite doesn't support the GBA/Gamecube Link Cables, if I recall correctly. (Perhaps I went Offtopic here.)

Last edited:
The new pen is actually too big, that it can't fit on the back of the DS. The new screen being bigger is nice, but since they still don't want a GBA slot, the new DSiLL is just a Lose-Lose situation.

Link
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/02/dsi-xl-to-get-north-american-release-in-q1-2010/

Screenshot
73p2rk.jpg

-----
Ok... if it's the same as the DSi, but the difference is having bigger screens... then... hmm... what's the word.

Can't really say much, because someone on Youtube told me about this, and there is little that I know about this.

So... discuss.
The American/EU version of this console will be called : DS XL.
The changes:
-Larger screen.
-L/R Buttons will be longer.
-New pen(bigger and longer)
-A NEW Battery (with a better longevity).
-This console is more powerful than the previous one,more RAM,and a better compatibility with high capacity cartridge(512Mo and Higher...).
It look like this version of the NDS was made for seniors,that why the stylus look like a REAL pen,the screens have a better luminosity and a bigger size the the SHUTDOWN button is bigger.

Ironic, they removed the GBA slot from the DSi because it was too thin to support it, now they're increasing it's size again and they didn't bring the GBA slot back.

Every DS release has been focused on shrinking it in size, after the DSi LL is released they begin to increase it's size again.

Does anyone else think we're being buried in new game consoles where there is only one slight modification from the original?

Anyways, it's dumb that the size increased again and they did not return the GBA slot.

The new pen is actually too big, that it can't fit on the back of the DS. The new screen being bigger is nice, but since they still don't want a GBA slot, the new DSiLL is just a Lose-Lose situation.

Um... about the pen....
On the Wadbase, I had the same comment. There are TWO pens. The stylus and a home use pen. You can still carry the stylus around. Though, you can use the big giant one at home.

This is kind of annoying with the "NEW" Game systems that are just the previous thing only with a few minor changes. It is just getting horribly stupid.

I still have my DS Phat, and don't intend on "upgrading" anytime soon. I would really appreciate it if Nintendo stopped pulling my leg, as it's starting to get ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back