Addon Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

I've put my 2 addon WADS into my srb2 folder and it's stil not working. And yes I typed in the console ADDFILE SHADOW.WAD and afterwards ADDFILE SUPERSONIC.WAD. Can someone tell me the error.

Hm, well this is strange. Can you tell me what the console said after you typed in the command?

Ice said:
Hm, well this is strange. Can you tell me what the console said after you typed in the command?
It said FILE SUPERSONIC.WAD COULD NOT BE LOADED or something. Basically it said the wad file wasn't working.

JRose said:
Try using the SRB2 launcher.
I did with VB runtimes and nothing happened.

no you don't. Just double click the zip folder, and on the side, hit extract all files. Easy.

astar said:
no you don't. Just double click the zip folder, and on the side, hit extract all files. Easy.
Well astar not all files are compressed the same way, there are some files that require a program to extract them, this may be one of those files.

Well are addons WADs those kind of files? And hate to keep asking questions but where is the Zip folder?

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Well are addons WADs those kind of files? And hate to keep asking questions but where is the Zip folder?
Well when you downloaded the Wads did they look like a piece of paper with an internet icon on them?
Tell me exactly what the icon looked like when you download the wad and i can determine what type of format of compression it is in.

Sonic Destiny said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Well when you downloaded the Wads did they look like a piece of paper with an internet icon on them?
Tell me exactly what the icon looked like when you download the wad and i can determine what type of format of compression it is in.
Well, it looked like a piece of paper with a caculator and a pencil on it.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Sonic Destiny said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Well, it looked like a piece of paper with a caculator and a pencil on it.
Whao, never heard of that before, but its sounds like you need to extract it, i suggest you get winrar or some other extracting system application.
winrar: http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Hmmm...looks like I'll never be able to play WADS because I can't download anything else on my computer...anyways thanks everyone. Now I know what to do.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Hmmm...looks like I'll never be able to play WADS because I can't download anything else on my computer...anyways thanks everyone. Now I know what to do.
wait, but what i can do is send you the wad through email, but im wondering right click properties on the file and check if its a WAD file.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
It's a Zip file. It doesn't say WAD. I didn't check shadow, just supersonic.
What i can do, is tommorow when wake up i can get those files and unzip them for you then send them to you over email, trust me it will work.
When im working on level wads i send them to my friends over email.

Just to let you know its 2 am over here so im going to bed.

Instead of e-mailing can you PM me the WAD? I get on this site veryday of the week so I'd recieve it after I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back