Stuff missing/incompatible in 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
We had black in 1.09.2, it was removed during the 1.09.3.x era due to people using it to "ninja" their way through darker match maps, and have an unfair advantage.
You know Draykon that made me really laugh, thank you that made my day.

One of the things I liked about the multiple elemental shields was that going into the water canceled out your attraction or inferno shield and robbed you of whatever elemental protection you have. It allows for the design of areas where, for example, you can use the inferno shield to make crossing certain areas easier, but if you fall into a pool of water you will lose the shield.

Maybe mapmakers that want to use the old monitor versions for their level can just mod them back in, though it wouldn't be very good for MP contest entries.

I agree. Some of these changes are very extreme from this version -- the Match system for example. I feel as if there should be a 1.09.4 Match type option; it's different, and unique compared to most shooters. Why lose that? The timed + comboing idea was neat; now that we have ammo, well, it's just another shooting game. Woopie.

Ash said:
I agree. Some of these changes are very extreme from this version -- the Match system for example. I feel as if there should be a 1.09.4 Match type option; it's different, and unique compared to most shooters. Why lose that? The timed + comboing idea was neat; now that we have ammo, well, it's just another shooting game. Woopie.

I was thinking about that for ages. Great minds, great justice eh? And if you include that, PLEASE nerf the auto-fail

I'll Begin said:
Sik said:
  • Characters will have a different frame set
I was thinking about this earlier today, actually. I was wondering whether this was happening or not. What's the frame set now?

Good idea, I'll make a sticky with info in the Editing section. I think it's possible to make your wad cross-compatible (sans palette) with 1.1 and 1.09.4.

Kopper said:
I was thinking about that for ages. Great minds, great justice eh? And if you include that, PLEASE nerf the auto-fail
You see, this right here is the exact reason why 2K3 match needs to go. It's horrifically unbalanced and everyone knows it. The only remotely balanced weapon combinations don't actually stack onto each other, basically.

While I understand that you guys don't want change because of obvious resistance to change, 1.1 match is FAR better balanced, even in its current beta state. It's simply not possible to fix the 2K3 match system. There might be an option to run the old match system anyhow, but if there is, it will be just as broken and overpowered as it currently is. If we don't end up with the option, simply run 1.09.4 for the old match system.

Personally, though, I'm going to be enjoying my Bounce Ring abuse =P

Does this mean I might actually get to play against you in a netgame? *shot*

Personally, I like the 1.1 match system, the 1.09.4 system is pretty lame now.

Reason No. 382 as to why I never play SRB2 now.

Mystic said:
Don't remind me that >_> (when I played with the bouncy ring SOC everything was pure crazyness, through of course I don't think that in 1.1 rings will bounce indefinitely until they hit somebody :P). Just tell me they do bounce against floors and ceilings (and FOFs, of course!), otherwise they may not be so fun (imagine if they get stuck in the ceiling >_>). I guess they should also disappear if they hit the sky.

Anyways, I didn't play the 1.1 beta, but I've heard about the ammo system, and in my opinion the timed system may be better (maybe with smaller times). Only that, because agreed, combining weapons is quite overpowering, in fact weapons by themselves are already sorta kind of overpowered and can be annoying if somebody gets them sometimes.

Maybe being able to hold only one weapon at all? Getting a new one would replace the previous one (also time wouldn't be accumulative).

Mystic said:
I'm going to enjoy my grenade ring abuse. :(

Also,
Ash said:
I agree. Some of these changes are very extreme from this version -- the Match system for example. I feel as if there should be a 1.09.4 Match type option;
Seconded.

Honestly i hate the 1.09.4 battle system, why? abusing weapon ring combos -_-
Examples: auto-rail, shoots to fast. auto-inf, shoots way to much. homing-bomb, do i have i say it?

For me, no combos = fair matches. i think that in 1.1 that rail rings should come with only 5 ammo :D
Edit: i like what sik said about only being able to hold one weapon.

I certainly don't, It gets rid of the stragety and the panic. Knowing which weapon to use next makes it that much more fun.

Let me put it this way, 1.1 will help level the playing field, kinda like in super smash bros brawl when they removed wave dashing, or in mario kart wii they changed the drifting system so you cant snake, what is being done in 1.1 is for the beter.

zeldagamer00 said:
Honestly i hate the 1.09.4 battle system, why? abusing weapon ring combos -_-
Examples: auto-rail, shoots to fast. auto-inf, shoots way to much. homing-bomb, do i have i say it?

For me, no combos = fair matches. i think that in 1.1 that rail rings should come with only 5 ammo :D
Edit: i like what sik said about only being able to hold one weapon.
Abusing weapons make it fun! And what is the new match system?

zeldagamer00 said:
auto-inf, shoots way to much.
infinite rings are really rare, and even more so whe you want auto-inf.
zeldagamer00 said:
homing-bomb, do i have i say it?
It moves really slow, and bomb doesn't add on to homing, because it'll hit its mark anyway, no need for something that helps accuracy.

You know, when you play with the 1.1 match system, you begin to realize that certain types of rings that were really powerful before are now downplayed by the other rings' abilities. Rail seems to have no real value anymore, when you could just spam bounce rings, scatter rings, grenade rings -- now, especially, because each collected rail ring only gives you five rail ammo. That's... not a lot.

What I really dislike about 1.1 match is that you lose EVERYTHING you had on you when you get hit once. Just once, someone could have ALL of your weapons, weapon panels, and emeralds. If their timing is right, it instantly gets collected by the predator, while the prey is totally confused as to "what the hell happened to all of my power ups".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back