Old Rules Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, well, you'll have to excuse us for not believing outrageous claims lacking proof. It's a side-effect of being sensible.

ah2190, you talk like you map like Penopat, but in practice it's not that easy. You can't just wake up and decide to make a masterpiece, you're going to be shoveling through a bunch of stupid idiotic maps before you're going to make anything decent.

BlueZero4 said:
ah2190, you talk like you map like Penopat, but in practice it's not that easy. You can't just wake up and decide to make a masterpiece, you're going to be shoveling through a bunch of stupid idiotic maps before you're going to make anything decent.

Exactly - that's why I won't get better untill I get more experienced.

sorry, hillman, don't you think we need proof of you working on a huge mod, in a week, when you have been part of the community for a known month?

anyway, I think this should be a "conformation email needed" forum.

what i mean, you should send an email to a personal computer to be able to join. Then, make it so we have 1 confirmation email to join the forum per email.

that way, Ban evasion will be stopped. Somewhat.

Re: Rules

Mystic said:
These are the rules for the SRB2 Message Board. While I understand that these rules are long and boring, read them, as ignorance will not be considered an excuse.

Punishment

Punishment is based on a three strike system.
  • Strike 1: 3 day ban
  • Strike 2: 7 day ban
  • Strike 3: Permanent ban
If you go at least 2 weeks without being punished, a strike will be ignored. (If you were given 2 strikes, and then go 2 weeks without being punished, and then cause another problem, you will be given another strike 2 and banned for a week, instead of being permanently banned.)

Ban evasion will give you an immediate 1 month ban. Evade again and it’s permanent. Bans should be bans. Don’t try to fake us out. We know.

My Cousin told me he made an evade ban after a STRIKE 1 ban, and its been over a month, WHY IS HE STILL BANNED?!

Oh and I just signed up.

Please don't abuse caps.

Also, he might want to try loggin in with both accounts, if it matters.

You are quite the impatient one, aren't you? Just wait an hour, and you should be able to log back on as Flame Sonic.

I'd like to comment on the image limits of avatars. Because of it being so incredibly small (10KB, wtf), I can't use any of my new avatars. Isn't 10KB a bit harsh? Also, I feel the rules and FAQ should both be updated to the recent changes that have taken effect here.

Just enough to make this my avatar.

Or this.

or even this.

edit: guess how much my 81+ frame sonic dance kb has?

Eh, those dancing avatars are a bit too ridiculous...

However, I don't see how it isn't possible to upload the third one. All you need to do is toy around with compression. It's dead-easy getting a still 128x128 avatar to fit within the filesize limits.

All the ones I'veposted are under 28kb. They woud all work, except for the doubleposter's(size). but, if it's not a possibility, tell us now.

I can compress fine, (doubleposting is supposed to be for a sigature) it's just that, I'm not about to compress an 81 frame gif to mak it an avatar.

Why not?
wtfman.gif

Then why are you even using an 81-frame GIF? Is it even really that necessary? This isn't YTMND. You don't need to make everything a lengthy animated GIF.

I just didn't realise I could just compress transparent PNGs. The transparent part is what gives it the awesome huge size. Still, FAQ/Rule combo update needed.

Segmint said:
I just didn't realise I could just compress transparent PNGs. The transparent part is what gives it the awesome huge size.
And this is exactly why the limit is so low. Education through annoyance! People learn how to use compression well when it's required that they do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back