How to apply WADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

I can be ridiculous, but how can I apply the WADs that I downloaded? I was supposed that copy them in SRB2 folder is all, but not...

In the console, type "addfile <wadname>". Then you're good to go.

I'd LOVE it if we could just drag the WAD file onto the executable, much like what ZDOOM does, but "addfile" works well enough... that and this launcher I've had for God knows how long.

OK, OK, then is "addfile" console command... Now, exists some mode to do the same thing using scripting or command parameters? To be automatic. ;)

Well, a script is just a bunch of console commands in a text file, so that's pretty much useless. Console command-wise, it's "srb2win.exe -file <wad> -<other parameters>".

OK, that's all for now. Then now I'll create a BAT and end of problem.

EDIT: I tried command parameters and I get a segmentation violation... :( Well, console is always available for this, no?

Read the Frequently Asked Questions on the Addons section. It gives you a run-down on how to do it.

I already tried the BAT, but here is one bug: games stops at start with a segmentation violation... Well, for now, console command is enough.

Yes... Press ~ to open/close console... For ingress comands, type it and press Enter when console opened... A list of the commands is in the SRB2 manual.

No.

Seriously, man. Just stop asking questions for a bit and try it for yourself. You will NOT break the game, and you'll learn a lot more about how it works than you would by asking us. And in the off-chance you DO break the game, just redownload and reinstall and it'll be as if nothing happened.

i konw how do it just while your in a game press the consloe button then this green box thing should drop down the you type in example, addfile shadow then press enter and it should say that the thing was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back