SRB2D3.WAD - SRB2 demo 3: old match maps rescued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

After one year of ausence, here I am again. I know, things has changed a lot, so here I go... I'm surprised I wasn't purged in this time...

Well, to the point. As you may know, different versions of SRB2 feature different maps. I decided to rescue three match maps from demo 3, adapt them to the new SRB2 wadding style (I needed to rebuild and fix almost all the special linedefs) and then put them together into a map, including a header for each of them. Here you have:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/22/543510/srb2d3.wad

Does anybody remember that since 1.09.2 numbers became available for level names? That stupid suggestion made by me was just to be able to write SRB2-TOWN (when I tried to hack the game to add the 2 it didn't catch it - programming issue, apparently, according to AJ). Well, the map was canned, and the feature never used... Well, these maps didn't have any name, and I didn't want to invent names for them. So I named them "SRB2 DEMO3 MAPxx", where xx is the map number (06 to 08). So it's the first released WAD in use numbers for level names, I think. Go and check.

That's all. And sorry, no screenshots, before I left things were different :P But if you played demo 3 then you know what maps are... Meadow Match (yet featured in actual versions) and Zero Ring (dunno why it was removed) were excluded from this WAD (I should add Zero Ring later).

If AJ or somebody else wants to put names to those levels, you can do it now :P

Um, glaber updated Zero Ring Zone. If you really wanted to, you could ask for permission to use it.

He just ported maps from srb2 demo 3. I don't think glaber has to do something with this. It was Sonic team junior who already have permissions from the author or are the author theirselve and I think they don't have something against ports. *downloads*

What am I talking about? Welcome back Sik! I don't think you know me because I wasn't registered when you left I think...

Sik, the guy that made that comic/story SRB2 TOWN, and with the green Sonic avatar. Yup, I remember you. I've been hanging around this forum a long time ago, untill I decided to post and register a acount.

So what is this? A temporary return to show you didn't die, or back as a great member of the community? Whatever it may be, its up to you. I think I too remember these maps, altough they really have improved. I'm not the guy to remember names, though. So, I don't know how these maps were called.

I returned definitively. I left due to connection problems (lack of Internet on my house). But I was on SWS2B/S2Beta for around a year like this and everything is fine, so if I could hold that, then I can be here again. Just I won't be here as often as I used to do. I'm unpredictable with that, but normally I'm connected weekly. Everything depends on the money I have in that moment...

Yet, if you can find the original names for those levels, thank you. I was also thinking in porting an old Sonic XMas level - Sonic's Nightmare. That levels is HARD, trust me, and adapting it is hard too because most items changed :/ Yet one of the best levels ever ;)

I wonder why do I collect all the old SRB2 versions... :? It's like I wanna become a SRB2 archeologist... Oh, also, this is the 10th Sonic Robo Blast aniversary year (SRB1 was started back in 1997, am I right?).

Sonic's Nightmare? That was ported over (I think) in the Xmas wad. I know it's there, because I found both it and Emerald Coast.

All I do to use those maps is add the old SRB2.srb :D . I still have it from 1.09.3 and 1.09...(don't ask for them...)

I got all of the Christmas demo's levels ported over and done up a smige for coop (Reason why a floor wont rise in Eggbase). This even includes hidden level Sonic's Nightmare with the cannons replaced with the popup versions. (They basicly work the same.) If you want to pick them up the send space links in my topic.

Welcome back, Sik.
It's still bad that you haven't got permanent internet yet - you haven't permanent internet from last January (2006), hence the reason why you haven't posted here in a year.
Does anyone still remember the Avatar Editing contest? It was one of the biggest 'fads' back when I joined these forums.
And for people that are interested in SRB2 Town, there are some new chapters here (This saga is called SRB2 Town Multiple Trouble).
Sik emailed me these last July.
For those who don't know, I was the port programmer and for a bit also the main programmer of Sonic Action, though I left at one point for some disputes. Heh, I and Sik have discussions and disputes all the time.
This doesn't mean I have lost respect for him, anyway.

hmmm... I've made some optimiztions to the wad and merged the headers into a single maincfg, while moving the map numbers out of the way of the singleplayer levels. However, before I release that, I need some clarification from sik about a few things.

Levels have separate headers because I remembered to add them after making the maps XD By the way, what things?

(Sorry for the bump - I TOLD you I would become around once a week)

Sik said:
Levels have separate headers because I remembered to add them after making the maps XD By the way, what things?

(Sorry for the bump - I TOLD you I would become around once a week)

The "things" being the modern linedef specials for all the outdated old linedefs that the level editors don't recognize.

SRB2Builder reconsigned them all, odd. By the way, I had to replace the old water (linedef 14) because SRB2 by itself doesn't reconsigne it. Apparently it was removed definitively. I wonder why it's in the official special linedefs reference, though.

Do whatever you want. If you think it needs fixing... I just cared for it to work in SRB2, not to be reedited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back