How do I put characters into a level wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeman

u have my permission to die
I'm making a level and I can't get a character into the level. Every time I try this happens
srb20106.png

Any help?

Your lowercase lumps in the character WAD are automatically capitalizing themselves. Set them back to lowercase and you should be fine.

Did you make sure to disable auto-capitalising in XWE's options thingy? (Assuming you should be using a version of XWE that allows for that, of course)

Doom Builder will autocap lumps. Don't add the character into the same level WAD you are making. Add the level wad to the character wad (from the top, not at the bottom) and keep the original level wad for easy modification.

I did that already

Doom Builder will autocap lumps. Don't add the character into the same level WAD you are making. Add the level wad to the character wad (from the top, not at the bottom) and keep the original level wad for easy modification.
That's what I did I used the "save into" option in doom builder. :/

That's what I did I used the "save into" option in doom builder. :/
Meaning you used Doom builder to handle the character wad, which D00D64 just said would capitalize the lowercase lumps. The wad you uploaded has the lowercase frames capitalized, so that seems like the most likely thing that happened.

Use a lump editor like XWE or SLADE to do the merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back